Talk

Advanced search

Paper cutter recommendations please.

(6 Posts)
TimeForCake Sat 23-Jul-11 07:56:34

I have just finished my first ever scrapbook and am really proud of it! I bought a cheap paper cutter from e bay which was rubbish. Then I borrowed one but have forgotten the make! I would really like to do some more scrapbooking now I have got the bug! Am prepared to buy a decent one so has anyone got any recommendations please?

TIA

kellestar Sat 23-Jul-11 15:47:58

Avery Photo/Paper Trimmer

I bought an older version of this 8 years ago to trim paper for my wedding, paid about £25. I did have a fiskars cutter, but the blades go blunt so quickly. However this one has only just had the blade replaced, cost about £10.

It's really helpful having the markings on it, including photo sizes, handy for mounting them. I use mine alot and it's solid and not at all flimsy, DH pinches it now and then for work as well.

My mum has a 12" FingerGuard which we bought for her at christmas with additional blades. She has just got into scrapbooking with DD's arrival. She loves it as you can change the blade and get different effects, like scallop or pinking. [[http://www.handyhippo.co.uk/s302-1-fingerguard-12-paper-trimmer.html like this one] I also bought it from this site as it was a good price at the time, not sure now though. I should advise you they also do lovely papers and scrapbooking kits, I cannot be blamed for any additional purchases grin

kellestar Sat 23-Jul-11 15:48:22

like this one corrected that last link.

WholeLottaRosie Sat 23-Jul-11 19:46:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TimeForCake Sun 24-Jul-11 13:53:41

Thanks to both of you! Both trimmers look good Kellestar. The one with the changeable blade looks especially exciting! grin And no, I won't be able to resist other bits on the website!
Thanks for your advice too Rosie, that is exactly the sort of useful advice I welcome as a beginner.
Off to browse handy hippo!

TimeForCake Mon 25-Jul-11 12:29:09

Kellestar - the trimmer that you bought looks nice & sturdy but the fancy blades are tempting on the one you bought your mum. Is her one as sturdy, would you say?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now