Talk

Advanced search

Do you monetise your blogs?

(3 Posts)
Lovefruitsandvegs Fri 22-Jul-11 17:39:59

If you have a blog do you earn anything from that? Could you live from the earnings?

LatteLady Fri 22-Jul-11 20:57:36

Yes, I earn a little bit from google ads but I could not live on what I make from my blog. Frankly the only way you will earn is through sponsorship, mega advertising and being spotted by a publisher, as well as driving your audience to an online shop.

However, if you are writing a blog, the best way to start is to make sure that you write about something that you are really passionate about and love... you don't need to be an expert and sometimes, it is the getting there that will endear you to your readers.

Lovefruitsandvegs Mon 25-Jul-11 09:50:50

LatteLady, thank you for your answer. I sometimes see blogs full of adverts and wonder whether there are any benefits of having them. Sometimes the adverts make the blog look a bit messy but depends on the adverts. Obviously you need to have a popular blog already. I think it is a great idea indeed to drive your fans to the online shop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now