Talk

Advanced search

rattles/bells to put in soft toys

(4 Posts)
sunnysunnyshine Tue 19-Jul-11 10:45:11

does anybody know where I could find rattles or bells to put into soft toys I'm making? I can find plenty of squeakers and bear growlers (sound a bit scary actually grin ) but none of those nice chime sounding rattles or bells. Ds has them in plenty of his toys but I just can't find any. Or do they have a specific name?
tia

countydurhamlass Tue 19-Jul-11 18:48:34

i know it sounds strange but try a good pet shop as they often sell bells for cat collars and they are cheaper than craft shops (my friend bought some for her elf outfit)

Sleepyspaniel Tue 19-Jul-11 22:34:19

I don't know about the chimes, but just wanted to say that bells/chimes etc in soft toys should be sewn into a small fabric bag which is secured on all sides, before being placed in the toy. Ideally this bag would then be anchored to a seam by a ribbon attached securely to the seams of the bag.

kellestar Wed 20-Jul-11 14:54:33

Fred Aldous do tge bells, they call them cat bells. Our local haberdasher does them too, but fred's do big ones.

Have also been searching for chimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now