Talk

Advanced search

What do you make when you just want to pick something easy and mindless up? I'm thinking crochet but any in front of TV/on the bus activity will do

(12 Posts)
BumperlicicusTotalus Sun 17-Jul-11 20:45:56

So, long thread title. Just wondering what you do when you want to make something in front of the TV or on the go. I need something easy that I don't have to concentrate on, but isn't pointless.

What's your pick up and go project?

BumperlicicusTotalus Sun 17-Jul-11 21:10:22

Come on! I know you are watching the Apprentice, but what are you doing while you watch it?

purplepidjincantatem Sun 17-Jul-11 21:18:28

Crochet for sure. I make baby stuff to sell but www.lisasstars.org.uk and others always need prem sized clothes and small toys so that babies can have dignity smile

Sorry, can't link from phone

moominthecorner Sun 17-Jul-11 22:35:22

Sewing ricrac onto my refashioned Help the Aged dress...

moominthecorner Sun 17-Jul-11 22:38:52

look smile there's a lot to attach...

SewCrafty Mon 18-Jul-11 09:56:54

French knitting to make into corsages. Like these here.

rockinhippy Mon 18-Jul-11 10:01:13

Embroidery & hand applique work type of stuff here smile

kellestar Mon 18-Jul-11 13:29:29

Crochet Blankets or at the moment Amigurumi Octopus, but use my stitch markers to the extreme in case tv gets interesting.

I really struggled to go to the cinema without something for my hands to do as I am so used to it at home. Have the lite-up hooks which are great for when lights are turned down low.

frazzledblob Tue 19-Jul-11 21:47:25

another vote for crochet. I have to keep it simple though otherwise I get distracted and have to keep starting over blush

kellestar where did you get the lite up hooks from? Not had much luck googling for them which is making me want them more grin

sweetiesue Wed 20-Jul-11 14:12:03

I knit hats for the local SCBU and Maternity unit. The group that organises this are fantastic and are more than happy to give ideas of colours, patterns and sizes for those that aren't sure. Maybe your local hospital could give you a contact for their unit?
I stick to very simple patterns that are easily scaled up for bigger sizes.

BumperlicicusTotalus Wed 20-Jul-11 20:09:31

Thanks for all the replies. I'd love light up hooks!

moominthecorner Wed 20-Jul-11 20:35:01

I read MN

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now