Talk

Advanced search

American Freezer Paper

(14 Posts)
shodatin Fri 15-Jul-11 23:43:44

What is the British equivalent of this please, and where can I buy it?

queenmaeve Fri 15-Jul-11 23:56:02

can you explain the type of thing you use eit for and then maybe I'll know what you mean?

ZZZenAgain Fri 15-Jul-11 23:57:51

no idea. Dd has a sewing book which requires this and I don't know what it is. Could be a bit like greaseproof paper perhaps?

queenmaeve Fri 15-Jul-11 23:58:27

ah yes I know what you mean now, I googled. Its applique paper here ( its for quilting isnt it) lots for sale on sewing websites and ebay.

AllThreeWays Sat 16-Jul-11 00:12:14

I have used it, it is not the same as grease proof or wax paper. We don't have it on the shelves in Australian supermarkets either, I bought mine from a patchwork shop and you can buy it online.

lettinggo Sat 16-Jul-11 00:35:44

It's like the heavy almost waxy paper that butchers sometimes use to wrap your meat in. When you iron it onto fabric, it sticks temporarily. I bought it in the US in the supermarket. You can buy it in craft shops.

shodatin Sat 16-Jul-11 00:40:21

Thanks for helping - it's been suggested for various crafts and gets ironed-on but that's about all I know - yet.

Blottedcopybook Sat 16-Jul-11 09:07:21

It's not a terribly common item here, I bought mine on eBay.

bilblio Sat 16-Jul-11 11:59:54

I bought some in Hobbycraft a while ago. It wasn't cheap, and I've never actually used it, but I thought seeing as I'd seen it mentioned as essential in so many places I'd best get some while I had the chance.

ZZZenAgain Sat 16-Jul-11 17:48:03

if you go on youtube and do a search for "freezer paper", you get some videos of people doing crafts with it and then you'll see it seems to be paper on one side, waxed underneath.

SybilBeddows Sat 16-Jul-11 17:52:01

I got some from Lakeland which seems to be what Zzzen says; haven't used it yet though.

Sn0wGoose Mon 18-Jul-11 12:35:03

Hi,

I use this a lot - you can buy it by the metre from Hobbycraft smile

Pleiades45 Mon 18-Jul-11 12:45:41

cotton patch sell it

shodatin Tue 19-Jul-11 14:23:08

Many thanks for all the information. A friend has offered to get some for me, no details offered, but will be able to experiment a bit before buying more, thanks for all your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now