Talk

Advanced search

I'm trying to line a basket, can anyone help me please?!!

(7 Posts)
mogs0 Thu 14-Jul-11 17:23:03

I have the material, the basket and a vague idea of what I need to do but could do with a bit of help.

My plan is to have a long strip of material to go around the inside edge of the basket with a rectangular cushion to go on the bottom.

Question 1) What do I need to back the long strip of material and can anyone link me to some instructions on how to do this?

Question 2) I have found a very basic cushion pattern but I don't know what to stuff it with (apart from buying a cushion pad) - any ideas?

Time is quite limited because as always I have left things until the last minute but I will have time to pop to Dunelm tomorrow if I don't have the ingredients suggested by helpful MNers. I'm hoping I can manage with the things I have at home!

OohThatsMyTractor Thu 14-Jul-11 17:24:33

What do you want to use the basket for when it's lined? Is for a baby... or a cat? grin

mogs0 Thu 14-Jul-11 17:25:57

It's a gift for a baby. I'm going to fill it with lots of useless useful baby stuff grin.

mogs0 Thu 14-Jul-11 18:19:13

sad Have just got the sewing machine out (my mother gave it to me last year) and it hasn't got any bobbins. I was all ready too. I have a mini sewing machine that I might try out instead but can see this all going horribly wrong!

mogs0 Thu 14-Jul-11 20:14:02

Woohoo, I've done it! I am the least crafty person I know so I'm very excited that I managed to complete it and (even if I do say so myself) it looks pretty good grin.

OohThatsMyTractor Fri 15-Jul-11 14:06:10

That was quick! I'm sorry I didn't reply in time, I was going to suggest that you use newspaper to make a template inside the basket and then made an 'edged' cushion to go in the bottom.

I made a lining for my wicker washing basket and I tell thee it was a real labour of love so I hope your friend appreciates the work you put into it!

Can you post a picture so I can admire? smile

mogs0 Sat 16-Jul-11 01:06:31

When I work out how to get the photo from my phone (because, yes, I was so proud that I did take one!!) I will put it on my profile!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now