Talk

Advanced search

A blanket appreciation thread :)

(16 Posts)
EggyAllenPoe Sun 03-Jul-11 22:47:49

here it is at home being cuddled!

Like i say about square one, a corner square with three crochet (that is crochet, am i right?) leaves in purple and pink. Made me think of Leos cherry tree. don't know what the shade of blue is - i think i would describe it as a 'little boy blue' gentle and calm not cold.

Falling leaves is a theme that makes me think on mortality and the brief beauty of life. We had a poster in our house growing up with that name, of a beautiful young woman contemplatin a poplar leaf, drifting down into the palm of her hand. see if i can link it.

Northernlurker Sun 03-Jul-11 22:57:47

Wow. What beautiful pictures. Seeing you with your lovely girls and the blanket has just made cry quite a bit. Much love and peace of heart to you all.

EggyAllenPoe Sun 03-Jul-11 23:01:40

ah yes Sulamith Wulfing

the woman looks like my mother with her wild hair and in the height of youth, the leaf is crinkled and dry having finished its short season, her expression is sad, perhaps knowing her time will be just as fleeting. All the pictures that came up on that search played on that sort of thm.

EggyAllenPoe Sun 03-Jul-11 23:04:12

thm = theme.

we had a nice time going through the squares together. DD understood staight away it was made by other women/mummies who were sad about Leo and wanted her and DD2 to have something.

Northernlurker Sun 03-Jul-11 23:08:16

It looks lovely and soft.

Falling leaves - well they are beautiful still aren't they. Beautiful on the tree, beautiful in the air, beautiful on the ground. Nothing is lost, only changed.

EggyAllenPoe Sun 03-Jul-11 23:10:30

it is brilliantly soft. like a dream.

Northernlurker Sun 03-Jul-11 23:16:27

smile Off to bed now. Good night.

EggyAllenPoe Sun 03-Jul-11 23:20:50

[sleepy emoticon]

Bumperlicioso Mon 04-Jul-11 09:21:34

Glad you like it. I know nothing can replace what you have lost, and I don't know if I believe in airy fairy crap but, well, I was thinking of you and your little boy with every stitch, and if that can be transferred as energy into the blanket. Oh I don't know, but it's got to mean something hasn't it? Otherwise every thought is just a waste. Sorry, I'm rambling.

purplepidjin Mon 04-Jul-11 09:30:58

I don't know what to say. That so completely sums up the reasons I got involved. I'm truly honoured to have been part of it [star]

Northernlurker Mon 04-Jul-11 18:11:22

It was a labour of love wasn't it. Bumperlicioso - that shows. It really does.

EggyAllenPoe Mon 04-Jul-11 20:16:24

More squares uploaded....
should have put the back picture for square 2 with green flowers - it's really unbeieveably neat!

we like flowers, and i don't go for all this 'boys shouldn't like girly things' bollocks, so DS loved pretty flowers too.

The sheep is really amazing - it has a proper boucle (is that the right term) fleece, and a little tail, and evrything. Baa!!

the spiral is great. draws the eye in (and looking closely, i eckon quite a lot of thought has to be put in judging where to put the turns to make it look right)

EggyAllenPoe Mon 04-Jul-11 20:18:16

bumpers I don't know how may of you got to see the finished article but it feels lovely. like a poem to the hand. Just like it has been made with love.

EggyAllenPoe Mon 04-Jul-11 20:20:41

i know what you're saying, i quite often find myself thinking about this or that thing that happened on MN, or IRL, and not acting on the thought so that anyone else would know about it...this isn't one of those times.

I know about the thoughts of everyone, - I am sat on them!

Northernlurker Mon 04-Jul-11 20:35:55

smile

JemimaMuddledUp Mon 22-Aug-11 13:26:25

I have only just seen this thread (I found it searching for the original blanket thread for ideas for Magic's blanket).

I am so glad that the blanket has given you some comfort. As others have said, I thought about Leo while knitting, so it really was knitted with love.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now