Advanced search

WTF is Osnaberg called in the UK please?

(6 Posts)
PippiLongBottom Sun 03-Jul-11 00:08:07

Have found an American pattern that requires this and am at a loss as to what it is called in the UK. Is it calico?

lucykate Sun 03-Jul-11 00:11:43

it is very similar to calico, just slightly coarser. this will help.

Ponders Sun 03-Jul-11 00:14:26

It sounds coarser than calico (& I think calico is called calico in the US anyway)

threadsandpatches sells both smile

Ponders Sun 03-Jul-11 00:15:40

the definitions below the fabrics are from wiki - I almost linked to them myself - the inf is a bit techie though grin

PippiLongBottom Sun 03-Jul-11 00:20:33

Thank you. I hadn't come across that shop in my google-fest. I am looking to make a reusable bag for the DC's sandwiches if you have any bright ideas?

GetOutMyPub Sun 03-Jul-11 14:15:50

I have also seen it for sale on The Cotton Patch website. I have ordered from them a few times and although reliable can be on the slow side to post.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: