Talk

Advanced search

curtain makers - large eyelet help required!!

(8 Posts)
mrsmoores Mon 27-Jun-11 14:21:40

I am making some curtains for a friend. She has a very wide window with a short drop. Over 4m wide and only 1.25m high with a deep windowsill so curtains would look better in the inside as she has at the mo.

I thought of using large eyelets so that there is not masses of gathered material either side of the window plus it should keep the costs down too and I think if done well look much neater.

Anyway my question is how do these eyelets work? Do you need a machine that joins the back and front rings together? I think I can cut the holes out once the eyelets are in with a sharp pair of scissors but any help woud be great.

Was thinking of something like this

Many thanks

PrinceHumperdink Mon 27-Jun-11 16:35:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoupDragon Mon 27-Jun-11 17:19:18

I had some from Ikea once - they were only plastic but front and back simply pushed and clicked together. Sadly I don't think they do them any more but I wonder whether other versions are similar?

mrsmoores Mon 27-Jun-11 21:58:55

I think I'll go for it and order a couple to practice with. If it goes wrong at least I won't have to look at the results in my kitchen!

Thanks for the advice

archanat10 Tue 28-Jun-11 17:14:58

hey i went through the same problem.wanted to stitch new curtains for my daughter's room.eyelids could be a real pain.you should check out this link.it was useful for me,could help you too
http://uktv.co.uk/home/stepbystep/aid/2338

mollymax1 Mon 11-Jul-11 07:36:15

I know of a company in Surrey that puts metal eyelets into curtains if that is of any help.

LoveInAColdChamberOfSecrets Mon 11-Jul-11 07:44:27

If you live somewhere coastal, you can take them to a sailmaker to get them done, if that's any help.

Swerving Wed 13-Jul-11 00:19:34

Dunelms sell them. They clip together (front and back pieces) Colours black, white, shiny and matt silver. They worked well and looked good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now