Talk

Advanced search

Is there a Ravelry for sewers?

(7 Posts)
ronx Mon 27-Jun-11 14:13:48

After being told that I was hopeless at sewing back in my schooldays I have finally conquered my fear of my sewing machine and made something (a duvet cover for DS).

I'm very proud of it, and I'd like to tackle other projects. Is there a Ravelry style site for needlework so that I can see what a completed pattern looks like before I try to tackle it?

PrinceHumperdink Mon 27-Jun-11 16:33:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ronx Mon 27-Jun-11 17:57:41

Thank you!

moominthecorner Mon 27-Jun-11 19:03:04

Mysewingcircle.com

SeamedUP Mon 04-Jul-11 02:59:51

Hello!

I have co-founded a website named SeamedUP.com that is a great resource for quilters/sewers who are looking for a place to track their stash, patterns, notions, books, sewing machines, projects, etc!

You can see how others have used the fabrics you own or how they interpreted patterns. So fun.

We are a young site with many plans for the future. The team behind the 'we' is myself (hi!) Allison from the Within A Quarter Inch podcast and Brye from the Sew Stitch Create Podcast.

We are working with many industry leaders (moda, robert kaufman, freespirit, riley blake, etc) so that our database is pre-filled with all of the information you can think of! Just click 'add to stash' and voila - a personal stash online.

I just ordered a bunch of fabric from this site and of course, I made sure it was all in the database!

We are open to your suggestions and would love to have you join the ride.

My username on the site is WithinAQuarterInch so please friend me if you do joinsmile

PrinceHumperdink Mon 04-Jul-11 12:09:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LaughingGiraffe Tue 05-Jul-11 08:45:35

I have just joined too, it does look good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now