Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet Bunting Project

(101 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Mon 27-Jun-11 10:29:05

My friend's village has a "bunting project"

everyone in the village is making one bit, or a few bits, and then they are all being put together by some little old lady and used to decorate their new community centre.

I thought it might be nice (if there are any takers?) to do a MN BUNTING?

we could then donate it - give it - auction it between MN'rs and give proceeds to a charity?

I'd love to organise it, and attach all the bloody bits together

so who wants to do a triangle?

Any one want to help me organise it? Dimensions of the triangles?

We should decorate the triangle with some thing personal and special to you, obv you have to be happy to have it seen (and owned) by some one else?

Any one up for it?

cloudpuff Mon 27-Jun-11 11:02:59

I can't sew but Im more than willing to do some crocheted triangles if that will be any use to you.

hardlyshreddinghippo Mon 27-Jun-11 11:05:04

Any charity in mind? I'm up for sewing a triangle, but am quite new to sewing so someone else can tell me the dimensions!

OnlyWantsOne Mon 27-Jun-11 11:06:46

YAY!! It should be a charity we can all agree on, some thing MN related?
dimensions and instructions will all be supplied

moominthecorner Mon 27-Jun-11 12:28:53

Definitely up for this. What a great idea! Never made bunting in my life but how hard can it be?

CherryMonster Mon 27-Jun-11 15:16:20

i would be happy to make a triangle or two. not brilliant at sewing, but could just about stretch to bunting i think.

OnlyWantsOne Mon 27-Jun-11 18:18:12

super fab!

I think we have MN blessing - they are getting back to me RE charity smile

lets drum up some more people, or it will be a 1 metre length !! grin

shreddinghippo Mon 27-Jun-11 20:02:11

I'm a wee bit excited. Can it be any fabric/pattern? Or a colour theme? I need dimensions I want to get going! grin

OnlyWantsOne Mon 27-Jun-11 20:06:23

Yes anyfabric any thing or style you want - I will work out dimensions smile

xalala Mon 27-Jun-11 20:08:53

I'll make one or two, not done any bunting yet but it's on my (ever growing) project list...

OnlyWantsOne Mon 27-Jun-11 20:19:12

It really won't be hard. I'm thinking double sided triangles? 10 inch across 13 inch down from centre of top? That make sense?

I'm no expert!!!

OnlyWantsOne Mon 27-Jun-11 20:19:30

Or shall we go bigger??

shreddinghippo Mon 27-Jun-11 20:25:34

I think that should be big enough. Right I'm on it.

OnlyWantsOne Mon 27-Jun-11 20:26:16

Oh god? Really? Well when your done let me know!!!

MrsOnTheMove Mon 27-Jun-11 20:31:40

I'm happy to do a couple smile

purplepidjin Mon 27-Jun-11 20:35:58

There's plan's afoot to raffle a blanket for Winston's Wish - I've put together blanets for EdgarAleNPie, Rindercella and BlondesHaveMoreFun recently and am using the leftover woolly squares to make a fourth.

Send a PM to KnottyLocks who's co-ordinating it brave woman maybe we could combine forces? Or at least not clash timings <eek>

purplepidjin Mon 27-Jun-11 20:36:27

Oh, and give me a break from the crochet and I'll do a bunting [wink

shreddinghippo Mon 27-Jun-11 20:36:29

13inches down from centre of top will make them quite long and skinny is that how you pictured it? Before I start cutting fabric...

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 27-Jun-11 20:37:39

I'll do one or two, can somebody do a pattern? I can draw it but nowhere to host it

shreddinghippo Mon 27-Jun-11 20:38:30

I have seen your blankets purplepidjin I think it is a wonderful joint effort. I would've made one 'cept I dont have a clue how to crochet!

purplepidjin Mon 27-Jun-11 20:42:23

Thank you, Shredding! Some of them are knitted wink I'm not racist

I'm glad I spotted this thread, it's a great idea and we need maximum publicity and attention for both projects smile

EggyAllenPoe Mon 27-Jun-11 20:46:08

i think i could do a 'bunt' if that's the right word ....what sort? colour scheme?

shreddinghippo Mon 27-Jun-11 20:46:58

Ok I've seen a couple of patterns on google, and those do seem popular finished measurements.
Now to get on with it.
purple nope, sorry, don't knit either! smile

Bumperlicioso Mon 27-Jun-11 20:56:24

I can contribute a triangle. Just fabric or knit/crochet too? I reckon a raffle is the best way to get donations from max no of people, if you get enough donations you could do a couple I so want one

OnlyWantsOne Mon 27-Jun-11 21:32:17

I'm happy if we change size

No colour scheme afaik it would be cool if they were all different and special smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now