Talk

Advanced search

What is the best thing you ever made???

(23 Posts)
whatsallthehullaballoo Fri 24-Jun-11 13:11:58

Hello - this is my first time posting in this area. I am just starting to get back into crafting and I am feeling very unsure about what sort of things to make/ try. I have a blanket to make for a baby which will be fine but after then I need to make some seat pads etc

Some of you sound very talented and I would love to know what your favourite thing was to make and if you have a photo of it? I am really excited to get cracking but waiting for pay day to stock up on my resources but am gagging to get started!!!

Empusa Fri 24-Jun-11 13:17:08

My wedding dress. grin

PrinceHumperdink Fri 24-Jun-11 13:20:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

whatsallthehullaballoo Fri 24-Jun-11 13:25:11

Wow - to have the confidence to make a Wedding dress and rings!! Well done!

Empusa: How long did the dress take? Does the fabric work out expensive?

Prince: - Do you make jewellery in general? I really want my ring melted down into one as I do not like them anymore...

Empusa Fri 24-Jun-11 13:27:33

It worked out cheaper than paying for someone else to make it, I believe it ended up being around £200 pounds in total. The silk was on offer which was fantastic! It took me about 6 months to make, but I was working around my back problems, so could only sew for small amounts of time. DH put the very last stitch into it smile

PrinceHumperdink That's fantastic!

whatsallthehullaballoo Fri 24-Jun-11 13:36:15

Excellent value and so much nicer to have it exactly how you wanted. Well done. I wonder what every one else's major achievement has been...of course I will have to start a thread on what the worst thing is they made wink

PrinceHumperdink Fri 24-Jun-11 13:36:36

whatsallthehullaballoo Fri 24-Jun-11 13:51:44

Oh right - interesting. I will keep my eye for a jewellery designer to speak to and try and draw up some kind of design of what I like.

PrinceHumperdink Fri 24-Jun-11 13:54:31

PrettyMeerkat Fri 24-Jun-11 14:02:10

I have made jewellery, tiled mirror and picture frames, pottery, painting canvases for house and childrens bedrooms, candles etc

Siikibam Sun 26-Jun-11 09:16:37

The best things are the cushions we knelt on in church on our wedding day to commemorate my husband's late parents (a surprise for my husband), my wedding headlight and bag, and the two portraits of family that I made recently, in beads smile I'll try and get pictures up later on.

frazzledblob Sun 26-Jun-11 11:58:46

there are some very impressive makes on here!

mine is'nt quite as exciting but It hink my best makes have been the toys I have crocheted for the DC. There are some pics on my profile i think. They are much loved and I think they will be a treasured keepsake from childhood if they last long enough grin

PrettyMeerkat Sun 26-Jun-11 16:46:56

Siikibam What's a wedding headlight?!

WhatsWrongWithYou Sun 26-Jun-11 17:22:17

I haven't done anything crafty for ages - been doing more painting lately. But I've made lovely dolls for the DCs (including two boy-dolls for DS1 and 2).

Also made crib figure dolls - JMC, shepherds, kings, plus sheep and a donkey (haven't got round to the oxen yet smile.

Oh, and Flower Fairy dolls (DCs used to go to a Steiner school). Best one was the bluebell but the puppy got her and she's still waiting to be mended!

Siikibam Sun 26-Jun-11 21:00:52

Haahaa PrettyMeerkat, I was in a hurry. Meant jewellery :D

nickelbabe Mon 27-Jun-11 11:17:14

yeah, mine's my wedding dress too.
back
front

I was really impressed with myself for being patient when bits were hard or went wrong, and for keeping going till the end. smile

nickelbabe Mon 27-Jun-11 11:18:16

( sorry you can see the back better here )

chocolateteabag Mon 04-Jul-11 19:52:02

Nickelbabe your dress is gorgeous!!
Wish I had had the guts to make my wedding dress. However I did sell it on afterwards which made me feel better.

I have been making applique cushions for my friend's babies recently. But most proud of the cushions I made for my Mum and my Aunts out of my Grandpas Cotton Handkerchiefs and applique bits from my Granny's massive stash (3 large chests of drawers full of material and bits plus tins and boxes etc).

Have not taken any pictures but Poppy Treffry has been my biggest inspiration and this book is fab!

moominthecorner Mon 04-Jul-11 21:55:28

this wallhanging. I know its not complicated but it made me very happy.

PrinceHumperdink Mon 04-Jul-11 22:31:23

moominthecorner Tue 05-Jul-11 06:09:55

You put a button in the middle to hide all the mess! grin

UsingMainlySpoons Tue 05-Jul-11 11:25:05

nickelbabe Tue 05-Jul-11 13:22:06

thanks chocolate grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now