Talk

Advanced search

Knitting on Circular Needles

(4 Posts)
KatieWatie Wed 22-Jun-11 15:06:07

I have a pattern that calls for 'circular needles'. I've done a fair bit of knitting in my time but never on circular needles, is it massively different to using normal needles or will it be really easy to pick up?

I'm coming back to knitting after a looooooong break so should I just choose a different pattern for my comeback gig?

LatteLady Wed 22-Jun-11 23:09:06

No, it is really no different... the only thing you need to make sure of is that your cast on row does not twist. And you will need to mark off the end of the row, either with a stitch marker or with a contrasting thread.

Go for it!

DutchOma Thu 23-Jun-11 07:18:01

Ït really is vewry easy. The only difficulty is if you are a 'pit'knitter (clutching your needl(s) under your arm, but you soon get used to it.
As LatteLady says, you have to be careful not to twist the first row and you have to make sure that the lenth of your needle matches the number of stitches on your pin, but the pattern will instruct you as to what to get.

InachisYarns Thu 01-Sep-11 22:31:50

I find it easier! Must make sure your stitches are straight. Easy to do at the end of your first row. Happy knitting! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now