Talk

Advanced search

How on earth do you work out pricing for a craft fair?

(4 Posts)
FlibbertyJibbett Sat 11-Jun-11 10:39:57

I've costed everything up and asked dh (hopeless). I've seen a few equivilant things on the internet but would you charge the same as they charge, for example, on NotOnTheHighStreet (oh how I love that site grin)?
How do you price up your time? I don't know where to start.

<wibbles>

WholeLottaRosie Sat 11-Jun-11 15:42:21

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

FlibbertyJibbett Sat 11-Jun-11 16:18:26

Thanks WholeLottaRosie - I'll try the formula out! I know what you mean about people's perceptions of hand-made things. It's quite a 'nice' area so hopefully people will appreciate hand-made things smile

coldcomfortHeart Sun 12-Jun-11 17:05:43

Oh it's not easy, is it- I poll as many friends and family as I can and do a bit of internet research as well. It's tough as you never know who's going to walk through the door- tutting grannies who could make it themselves or people with money in their pockets to spend- I do think people tend to come to craft fairs with buying in mind, especially if the location is a bit out of the way, i.e people have made an effort to come.

Sorry, not sure any of that's helpful, I have this book which although American is full of helpful stuff, with a section on pricing and a section on craft fairs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: