Talk

Advanced search

Special First Communion gift

(3 Posts)
maggiethecat Fri 10-Jun-11 00:21:11

[After posting in parties/celebrations I realised that this would be good place to post as well.]

Dd has just had her first communion and received a few rosaries, bible and some money. I have not bought her gift yet (too busy planning other aspects!) but would like to get her something special.

Something personalised would be nice. I saw a framed papier mache cross with a written prayer on one website and could consider this.

Any websites or other suggestions for getting something special for her?

LatteLady Sat 11-Jun-11 20:18:37

OK, the obvious thing would be her own Missal if she does not have one, then there is always a crucifix on a chain. My godson decided that he did not want any gifts but that he would prefer to make a donation to the local children's hospice in lieu of gifts... not sure where that came from but we thought that was a brilliant idea.

Finally, hope that she does not get a statue of the Infant of Prague which was a popular gift when I was a child... because for some reason they always lose their heads!

maggiethecat Sat 11-Jun-11 21:04:57

Do you think there is some symbolism there?

She has Missal and crucifix.

Saw a framed papier mache cross that I quite like with a prayer underneath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now