Talk

Advanced search

I want to make something and I don't know what.

(14 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 06-Jun-11 19:52:25

<sigh>

I'm in a really meh mood. a bit bored and fed up, I have some big (voluntary) work projects paused while I wait for input. I darent start anything new as thats how i get into trouble - start another project which suddenly grows and gets out of hand and then all of a sudden everything happens at once and I turn into a gibbering wreck.

So I need something soothing and crafty to do in the mean time please. I can knit (a bit). I can't do anything that requires fine eyesight which rules out a lot of hand sewing and beading. I just can't think what to do!

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 06-Jun-11 19:53:19

If it were a bit different that would be cool. Maybe make a matchstick Millennium wheel or something.

bigbadbarry Mon 06-Jun-11 19:54:29

Are you on ravelry? Loads of interesting and different knitting projects on there to choose from smile

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 06-Jun-11 19:57:36

You are right there might be something there I could do! thanks!!!!

I think I might quite to make a big noticeboard thing for dds rosettes. How do you make a big noticeboard thing that looks nice?? (I guess that wouldnt be knitting!)

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 06-Jun-11 20:00:47

What a great idea that bbb.
I might make this
cheered me up no end you have!

bigbadbarry Mon 06-Jun-11 20:01:39

Will DD want to pin her rosettes to that?

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 06-Jun-11 20:01:49

I could make a mooncup cover

hooray!!

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 06-Jun-11 20:02:06

maybe when she is older BBB wink

bigbadbarry Mon 06-Jun-11 20:03:06

I thin that might be a different sort of trophy...

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 06-Jun-11 20:05:18

seriously, there are some really good ideas on there. thank you smile

shodatin Sun 12-Jun-11 23:21:16

My latest new craft was knitting coffee-mug covers (for insulation). Can recommend them for being quick and as simple or complicated as you like, while using up small amounts of wool. And, I don't know anyone else who makes them so most people would like one.
(This is a thank-you for your help with viewing the ISS ages ago)

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 13-Jun-11 12:22:26

Coffee mug covers smile what a good idea! Thank you. You are very welcome btw smile

I decided to teach myself to crochet. Easier than I thought and I've got a bit addicted to granny squares blush Busy this week but I can feel my fingers itching to just do 'one more round'.

shodatin Mon 13-Jun-11 23:49:50

Crochet's an excellent idea, and there are patterns for coffee-mugs too...

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 14-Jun-11 07:29:00

Excellent!!! I shall look them out smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: