Talk

Advanced search

does anyone's DS have an interest in cross stitch?

(6 Posts)
juicychops Mon 30-May-11 17:29:21

im currently doing a cross stitch kit for a friend's baby as a gift. My ds (6) has been watching and wants to do one.

i said when he's better (getting over pneumonia) we'll go up to hobbycraft together and have a look for a more basic/bigger holes/bigger crosses children's kit for him to try

Do they do many kids kits? and will they have designs that a boy would be interested in? i.e. a dinosaur/boat etc

anyone else's ds interested in cross stitch?

juicychops Mon 30-May-11 18:02:03

bump

JemimaMop Mon 30-May-11 18:10:24

Have a look here Both my sons (aged 7 and nearly 9) like to do cross stitch.

juicychops Mon 30-May-11 18:26:25

cant believe i didn't even think to look on ebay!

just ordered ds the dinosour as thats what ds picked
thanks!

kellestar Mon 30-May-11 20:42:32

We were taught cross stitch as school by a chap, never thought it was odd until I was older. There are tons of kits that appeal to boys, have you tried black sheep they often have some bargain kits. You may also find some magazines offer some patterns that are quite appealing to boys. If you don't mind being cheeky, ask your friends/family if they have a cross stitch magazine or two you could borrow, you'd be surprised what might come your way. They often have little patterns to stitch.

ebbandflow Mon 30-May-11 20:50:55

My dd aged 6 has just started to show an interest. She seems to want to do more freehand sewing, than following a pattern. So I bought her some 6 count binca cloth, as this has the largest holes from www.sewandso.co.uk. She is finding it easier enought to use.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: