Talk

Advanced search

Beach Hut Cushion Tutorial

(8 Posts)
LatteLady Sun 29-May-11 09:37:15

I am a little bit late delivering this for my friend Sally, it was meant to be for her birthday. However she has been down in Cornwall, so I was able to nip round to her flat and leave this for her to find when she returned under the pretext of watering her garden. Am so pleased as I got to do a tutorial from it smile

overmydeadbody Mon 30-May-11 13:15:41

That is brilliant, I am going to make something similar for a beach bag! Especially love the bunting, as a horder of scraps, this kind of thing is just what I need to sart scrap-busting!

Niecie Tue 31-May-11 10:31:47

Beautiful cushion. I would be very chuffed if I were your friend. Well written tutorial too. smile

WhatsWrongWithYou Wed 01-Jun-11 11:30:24

LatteLady, that cushion is so pretty - well done you!

I wonder if I could be cheeky and ask for advice? We've just bought a gorgeous Swedish bench, and need a cushion to go with it. I can source a decent one I think, but they come either just with a stockinette cover or with a zip-off cover in fabrics I wouldn't necessarily choose.
D'you think it's realistic of me to say that I'll make it myself, bearing in mind I only use my machine once in a blue moon and the last pair of curtains I made took about 6 weeks (they were fully lined and inter-lined, though).

Silver1 Thu 02-Jun-11 10:19:35

WWWY Cushions are quite quick and easy to make- so yes you can make your own.

Silver1 Thu 02-Jun-11 10:19:50

Great Beach House Cushion

WhatsWrongWithYou Thu 02-Jun-11 12:27:09

Sorry didn't explain it's a box cushion for sitting on I need, rather than a decorative one. Will need to make a binding as well.

LatteLady Sat 04-Jun-11 19:19:05

Hi there, apologies for the delay and thank you for the kind comments. WWWY, yes of course you can do this. Preparation is everything, set aside a couple of hours to map out you cushion design and cut it out. Do you want piping as that would make the finish look really professional.

Remember you will need a sturdy fabric if the bench is going to be used regularly - take a look at the heavier cottons as JLP and Laura Ashley. As with most pieces of sewing, it is just straight lines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now