Talk

Advanced search

Two colour Aran toddler cardigan knitting pattern?!

(4 Posts)
Galena Sat 28-May-11 18:14:45

Anyone know where I can get hold of a pattern for my DD? She's 2.1yo but sized more like a 1yo. I bought (in a moment of madness at Aldi) a ball of white and a ball of red Aran wool with plans to make a cardigan for her. However, I can't find a nice pattern - I'm not too bothered about it being terribly 'cabled' as I made her a cable cardigan which she has just grown out of although it could be. I've never knitted anything using more than one colour really so something with a little guidance on how to do that would be great!

Thankyou in advance - I'm just a bit clueless!

DrSeuss Sat 28-May-11 19:14:39

Stripes are easier than combining the colours in the same row. Or if you got something with a collar, the collar and cuffs could be coloured. I found loads of good patterns on ebay.

DutchOma Sat 28-May-11 19:15:46

If you search on Ravelry (you need to register on ravelry.com) for Aran and toddler you will probably find something. There are some nice two colour patterns in Patons Play Days Book two but they are all for Double Knitting, not Aran weight.
In fairness, for a smallish toddler I think the Aran might be a bit heavy, but have a look on Ravelry and see what rolls out.
Best of luck.

Galena Sat 28-May-11 20:07:51

Thanks for the ideas. I've found a few gorgeous patterns, and now I just need to decide!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: