loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fabricland! Is that website for real??

(44 Posts)
AllTheGoodOnesAreTaken Tue 15-Feb-11 17:19:35

Is it??? shockconfused

craftynclothy Tue 15-Feb-11 17:27:48

I know people who have ordered from there but yes, the website is shocking. I can't stay on it long enough to find anything grin

MmeLindt Tue 15-Feb-11 17:28:38

What is shocking about it? Dare I google?

craftynclothy Tue 15-Feb-11 17:31:42

www.fabricland.co.uk/ Bright yellow, random pictures, random sizing of stuff, amateur pictures,...

MmeLindt Tue 15-Feb-11 17:36:58

Oh, I thought you meant naughty shocking.

Get that man a website designer.

Although it is charming in a retro kind of way.

AllTheGoodOnesAreTaken Tue 15-Feb-11 17:47:22

My optic nerves are having to work overtime!!!

flippinpeedoff Tue 15-Feb-11 17:48:35

but the shops are bloody fantastic. Any excuse and `i'm in there.

jenniepanda Tue 15-Feb-11 20:56:21

Isn't there music on it too? I've ordered from them over the phone, but to be honest I find the website hard work. I'd rather be able to order when it's convienient for me (i.e. not during working hours) and pay online...I know they like the informal personal touch, but really it just looks so messy and doesen't show off the fabrics well, IMHO. Unfortunatley we haven't got any of their shops near me.

Flutterbye Tue 15-Feb-11 22:15:06

I know, I've been to their Reading shop, nothing like the website!

This week I've found Ditto Fabrics based in Brighton. Good selection of fabrics, well priced, samples despatched, friendly on the phone. What more can you ask? That they're just around the corner I suppose!

AllTheGoodOnesAreTaken Wed 16-Feb-11 09:40:53

I had to give up after browsing for a few minutes because I literally went dizzy! I couldn't hear any music but there were animated icons, arrows and letters all over the place in addition to the garish colours, pointless graphics and badly designed layout. It's quite funny in a way but surely they must be losing business. Ditto looks very nice. Another one I've used in the past is Cotton Patch. Service is very good and they have some good offers too: www.cottonpatch.co.uk

girlscout Wed 16-Feb-11 09:57:34

Is that a worm by the telephone number?

BendyBob Wed 16-Feb-11 10:02:00

Lol that's unblievable! I'd like one of those pointy fingers in rl - could be very useful grin

pipplin Wed 16-Feb-11 12:10:44

I'm so glad it's not just me who finds their site unbearable.

coldcomfortHeart Wed 16-Feb-11 12:28:18

I can't stay on there for more than a few seconds- it must surely affect their business. <eyes bleed>

flippinpeedoff Wed 16-Feb-11 14:39:42

I hate cotton patch. I've used them a few times. I find their service ridiculously slow. Don't ever order from them if you want something within 2 weeks and they are also arsey and unhelpful.
I have found this to be the case for the 3 times I've used them. I wouldn't buy from them again unless I couldn't possibly get an item anywhere else.

flippinpeedoff Thu 17-Feb-11 12:04:44

having said that I do have to order from them today, oh the irony!!

AllTheGoodOnesAreTaken Thu 17-Feb-11 12:42:23

Actually I've never ordered from Cotton Patch before! blush. This is the one I meant to say it's good! www.pelennapatchworks.co.uk/

SoupDragon Thu 17-Feb-11 12:45:59

Would it be very very wrong of me to email them and tell them how horrendous the site is?

AllTheGoodOnesAreTaken Thu 17-Feb-11 13:05:57

Just send them a link to this thread grin.
You know what, I have this feeling they know and they just don't care.

Kryshees Thu 17-Feb-11 13:15:43

Ha Ha!!! Its really rubbish...I must admit to never having ordered off their website.

But I have rang them as there depot is amazingly close to where I live, rather than drive to bournemouth or soton. But sadly I can't collect from there, mental!

have you try azkhaban fabrics I think it is? Thats really lush!

nickelbabe Thu 17-Feb-11 13:17:40

i have a headache now.
seriously.
i didn't think i would affect me, but my head hurts.

CuppaTeaJanice Thu 17-Feb-11 13:24:33

There's a bizarre link to a massage parlour on the homepage confused!

You'd think the guy could use a spellcheck too.

My eyes hurt!!

UnquietDad Thu 17-Feb-11 13:28:16

It's nice to look at websites and be reminded of the more innocent days of 1999.

BertieBotts Thu 17-Feb-11 13:31:01

"Can I pay in Euro's ?
Of course not this is England/ United Kingdom and at this moment still have our glorious Pound."

grin

AllTheGoodOnesAreTaken Thu 17-Feb-11 13:36:38

CuppaTeaJanice, yes there is! Stars use her. Ha! Ha! That's a classic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now