Talk

Advanced search

Help please. DS needs to make a periscope..

(6 Posts)
mckenzie Wed 05-Jan-11 14:44:14

We have followed the instructions that he got given at school but our end result does not work! I've looked on line but they all seem s bit too technical and confusing.
Does anyone have an easy method please? We have two mirrors measuring 10cm x 10 cm and a small selection of juice and milk cartons.

TIA

wayoftheworld Wed 05-Jan-11 15:00:07

Have a look at this;

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/make-it-awesome/m ake-a-periscope

hope it helps

auntyfash Wed 05-Jan-11 15:00:39

have you considered just buying one?

mckenzie Wed 05-Jan-11 17:35:24

that would be cheating auntyflash.
We'd found that same link wotw but couldn;t get our heads round it to start with. We've watched it a few more times and also noticed the directions at the side of the video and have now made one! I'm not sure who's prouder, me or DS smile

wayoftheworld Wed 05-Jan-11 18:10:14

Well done mum - I do find my DS projects that they get me going as well! Although not as much as some other parents I have seen at school , but that would be for another thread I suppose...

mckenzie Wed 05-Jan-11 19:53:44

I'm not great at projects like this so you can certainly see that DS had a large amount of input. We used a cereal packet and a juice carton so DS then covered it with star design wrapping paper, with 5 year old DD's help. It looks 100% home made by a child - no doubt about that grin. But still, DS is chuffed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: