Talk

Advanced search

working 1 st less between decs. urgent knitting help please!

(8 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 05-Jan-11 14:43:27

I'm not very good at knitting!

working 1 st less between decs continue to decs 10sts every 4th row 7 times more

????

So does in tmean that if in one row if I am k7 K 2 tog then in the next row that I decrease I would be k6 k 2 tog?

thank you

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 05-Jan-11 14:44:38

gosh that is in less English than I even meant it to be!

I meant:
So does it mean that if in one row if I am k7 K 2 tog then in the next row that I decrease it would be k6 k 2 tog?

Catsmamma Wed 05-Jan-11 14:46:20

yes, i think so!

i am quite a good knitter, but sometimes the patterns don't make sense till I have the stitches/needles in my hands

I'd go with your understanding and hope it works out...does it look right?

angelpantser Wed 05-Jan-11 14:49:02

Yes it does mean that. So....

On the 4th row after you work K7 k2tog you will work K6 k2tog, then on the 4th row after that it will be k5 k2tog etc.

So if my maths is right on the last time you decrease you will work K1 k2tog if you started with K7 k2tog. (Assuming you started with k7 k2tog)

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 05-Jan-11 14:51:12

I've not tried that bit yet! I think it makes sense. I have 86 stitches on my needles and need to get down to 16 stitches with decreasing every 4th row.

It is supposed to be a beret for dd for evacuation day (they have to go in costume) I got stubborn when I saw the prices of unsuitable berets in the shop. I also have a size 14 skirt to make fit a very skinny 11 year old and a gas mask to make. Not much time. I am starting to get a bit worried!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 05-Jan-11 14:52:18

that sounds ideal. Thank you so much both of you - I could kiss you!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 05-Jan-11 14:53:18

not a gas mask a gas mask box. see my panic!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 05-Jan-11 20:32:21

shock it worked! Thank you very much both. One beret completed. Skirt tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: