Talk

Advanced search

Making sheets for a cot bed

(3 Posts)
hazchem Fri 24-Dec-10 19:14:27

Hi ya,

I've got an unwanted sheet which is is good condition and nice and soft. I though about turning it into a sheet for my expected baby.

Just wondering how big to make a flat sheet and/or a fitted sheet for a mattress that measures 140cm by 70cm.

thanks

missmehalia Fri 24-Dec-10 19:17:59

We've got a cot bed, but all the bedding for it is currently in DD's room, and she's asleep in there!

Have you Googled it?

If you need cheap-ish spare fitted cot bed sheets, I found some very cheaply in Asda, think it was £8 for a pack of 2 (white, but also had green and pink, I think).

moocowme Mon 27-Dec-10 10:42:59

fitted sheet needs to be just large enough to cover it, go over the sides, and then underneath by about 5-10cm. you would need to put a seam on each corner and some elastic for at least 20cm either side, stretch it as you sew it on.

a flat sheet needs to be a lot bigger so it goes you room to tuck it in and it stays tucked in. not so much a problem when they are ver little but they grow so fast and have a tendency for kicky kicky in the night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now