Talk

Advanced search

Furry Hat/Bonnet (type thing) & Curtain Swag template Please????

(6 Posts)
rockinhippy Fri 10-Dec-10 13:37:37

Can anyone please point me in the right direction for a link??, feeling more than a bit brain dead right now, so not sure I trust myself to come up with a pattern all by myself confused

its for one of those furry 60s ish bonnet type hats, that come over the ears, & have cord with pompoms on the end - that all the teens are wearing right now confused I've tried google, but realise it might help if I could remember what they are actually called blush

I want to adapt it to make a monster one to add to DDs Xmas presents, & a good base block would be a big help right now

I also have a 4x fall/fold/loop confused lined curtain swag to make to finish of my parents new curtains & tie backs & I've been putting off until my brain wakes up again, which just doesn't seem to be happening quick enough atm hmm (damn you fog brain angry

so if anyone has a tutorial link for that too, it would be much appreciated

thanks

rockinhippy Sat 11-Dec-10 10:42:05

Anyone???

plupervert Sat 11-Dec-10 11:10:40

Have a look through these links from a google search, which I did with various parameters.

Hope something here will help!

rockinhippy Mon 13-Dec-10 09:13:07

Thanks, but no links there? .....the Hat name would help if anyone knows it??

plupervert Mon 13-Dec-10 12:59:58

Oh, damn, I forgot to do the link!

here.

As for the name to goggle, do the terms trapper hat (Russian style?), Peruvian-style or Nepalese style hat ring any bells?

rockinhippy Thu 16-Dec-10 10:35:28

Thanks ....... I can't see a tutorial or template for 1, but there is a few photos on 1 of the links, showing seams, which has kick started my brain so I can now work out how to make 1

& thanks, but no, not its the trapper hat etc, its the Fake Fur 60s/70s ish styled ones with the cord & pompoms on the end.......I remember having something similar as a kid, but seems they've been revamped & brought up to date & now aimed at teens usually lok a bit like a mad soft toy on top of the head.....they are hideous, but DD won't wear a warm hat, but she likes to think of herself as a "teen" hmm so I'm hopeful she'll wear one of these

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: