Talk

Advanced search

What can I make for my boys?

(8 Posts)
iloveblue Fri 03-Dec-10 11:31:54

Hello all

I started the tradition last year of making something for my DS's (aged 4 and 6) for Christmas. Made applique tops last year that they loved.

I have some lovely scraps of Japanese fabric in boyish prints (vehicles, boats) etc - about half a fat quarter each of a few different designs which I would like to use.

Am thinking wristbands at the moment like this but would love some inspiration if anyone has any other ideas.

Thankyou

ragged Fri 03-Dec-10 11:55:03

What about wide headbands for covering the ears in this cold weather? Do you have enough fabric?

Niecie Fri 03-Dec-10 12:05:16

Are they too young for gadgets? I was thinking of making DS2 a camera bag and DS1 and MP3 player bag but they are a bit older than your boys so are more into gadgets.

Niecie Fri 03-Dec-10 12:06:25

Or bigger bags in maybe calico might work for their favourite toys and then applique their names on the front?

iloveblue Fri 03-Dec-10 13:07:03

Good ideas - thanks.

lifeinagoldfishbowl Fri 03-Dec-10 13:08:14

Small bags for cars or small toys, small snack bags, small bag for their hat/gloves

soccerwidow Fri 03-Dec-10 15:50:39

crayon roll

cool beanie hat

Patchwork pillow - I found this link this morning.

applique - Ok not on the same scale but you could do one car & frame it, or put it on a cushion.

and hundreds of links to tutorials here on the sewmamasew blog, if you have not already seen it.

iloveblue Sat 04-Dec-10 20:04:05

Fab soccerwidow - thank-you. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: