Talk

Advanced search

Help! Easy craft projects needed for 2 DSs

(4 Posts)
childrenknowyourlimits Thu 02-Dec-10 20:10:39

With the snow showing no signs of disappearing & school shut probably until at least Tues, I am need of some ideas of what to do with 2 DSs. Once the sledging fun is over, I need something to keep them occupied. They are aged 4 & 6. Have checked out the Rudolph idea on another thread which looks great. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated! smile

Eddas Thu 02-Dec-10 20:29:02

I made salt dough decorations with dd(6) and ds(3) today. DD's are quite good actually but ds just made a huge blob grin

Tomorrow we're going to decorate them

I also have paper chains to make and got dd to draw christmassy pictures for decorations for the house. I may also make snowflakes tomorrow

These might not all end up being used as decorations but it's keeping them busy winkgrin

childrenknowyourlimits Thu 02-Dec-10 20:37:01

Thanks for those ideas. Keeping their little mischievious fingers busy is the name of the game! grin

lisacol Fri 03-Dec-10 05:59:57

Depending on your craft supplies (or ability to get to hobbycraft):
- all chrimbo decorations good - making "stained glass windows" from black paper cut out, and colouring in greaseproof paper, cutting out paper snowflakes
- christmas hama beads - can make christmas tree decorations
- christmas cards for their friends
- the same christmas stuff but as presents for adoring relatives to clutter up their house with (a tree decoration to granny will prob come out for years)
- letter to santa, and santa place mat for his mincepie etc.
- a (very crafty) friend of mine, cut out lots of 4 inch stockings from material, sewed them on her machine then got her 3 and 6 year old to stuff them then they strung up like bunting
- non christmasy but good fall back is just lots of coloured pipecleaners so they can make shapes etc (and no mess which is good)
- general cooking stuff - pasta/rice pictures/ making faces out of fruit

hope this helps on the inspiration smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: