Talk

Advanced search

Good blogs on freestyle machine embroidery?

(13 Posts)
clangermum Wed 01-Dec-10 21:30:49

I saw this on Kirstie's programme last night and it looked fab. Does anyone do this or know of any good blogs?

Quiltingmoomin Wed 01-Dec-10 21:41:43

I did city and guilds machine embroidery by post. It was brilliant. I saw the Kirsty episode - I liked the idea re drawing a template, I've never done that. My machine is calling...

clangermum Wed 01-Dec-10 23:02:15

I never even knew that was possible (C&G by post)! And it was the template aspect that really attracted me too.

Quiltingmoomin Thu 02-Dec-10 10:22:35

This is the website for my teacher but I don't think she does the post thing any more - lovely lovely lady and she makes beautiful stuff.

Thingumy Thu 02-Dec-10 16:37:01

been reading this today

It's made me want to buy a machine

Thingumy Thu 02-Dec-10 16:38:06

here

larakitten Thu 02-Dec-10 18:58:13

I love doing that sort of thing, except I do it on quilts. Bought myself a fancy new machine to make it easier earlier this year and I'm soooo totally hooked. But neve used a template like that.........snow days just got more interesting (when DD stops climbing over me.....)

Thingumy Thu 02-Dec-10 19:02:41

what machine did you buy lara?

I'm pondering as I'd really like to learn how to machine sew <am a total newbie>

LowLevelWhingeing Fri 03-Dec-10 11:00:55

Thingumy, I'm also a newbie, well I used to sew as a kid, and getting back into it.

I've just upgraded from my 40 quid basic Janome to this Brother machine because it is recommended by Which. The Which reviews say it's good for beginners, clear instructions etc.

Please no-one tell me it's rubbish as it's already bought and I'm excited!

Thingumy Fri 03-Dec-10 14:56:55

lowlevel-I've been looking at a Brother machine too ,not with a computerised screen though as I feel that would floor me!

What is the computer bit for?

LowLevelBahHumbug Fri 03-Dec-10 17:29:55

Not entirely sure, but here's what the Which review says:

"The Best Buy Brother BC-2100 is so easy to use that even novice sewers are able to produce almost perfect stitches on their first attempt.

This sturdy but lightweight computerised machine is an excellent choice for beginners, dressmaking and soft furnishings.

It has an LCD screen that displays the recommended presser foot, stitch length and width to use when you select each stitch, or your own selections if you change them.

We were very impressed with the quality of the straight, zigzag and overlock stitches and the machine's ability to handle different types of fabric" etc...

Not sure whether the screen is necessary but I'm too lazy to do loads of research!

clangermum Sat 04-Dec-10 19:26:23

thingumy - love that thread

bagsoflove Wed 10-Aug-11 00:47:26

Hi ,i have been machine embroidering for only 5mth,cant believe how much i love it and how much everyone else loves it.i have all my work on Folksy Bagsoflove and i have my blog which shows the stages of my work please join my blog thankyou nicola www.nicola-bagsoflove@blogspot.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now