Talk

Advanced search

First Sock Monkey

(14 Posts)
1sockmonkey Mon 29-Nov-10 17:42:16

Hello

I know I'm being silly but had to post that I made my first Sock Monkey today. grin

It's pink with hearts on it and doesn't look too bad wink

SuePurblybiltByElves Mon 29-Nov-10 17:46:36

Very good grin. Do you have a how-to link that worked for you (am inspired to have a go)?

1sockmonkey Mon 29-Nov-10 17:59:58

Hi Sue

I used this link (which I found on here)
http://www.web-goddess.org/writing/tutorial/Image0 .html

Hope it posts ok

SuePurblybiltByElves Mon 29-Nov-10 18:02:36

Have saved it to favourites. I need some socks, will buy an extra pair smile Thanks!

Tizwozliz Mon 29-Nov-10 20:27:04

I made my first Sock monkey yesterday, then I thought he looked lonely so I made him a friend :-)

Photo

SuePurblybiltByElves Mon 29-Nov-10 20:37:25

How, how, how did you make the giraffe? DD would actually explode for a pink girafe.

Tizwozliz Mon 29-Nov-10 20:43:01

It's made in a similar way to the giraffe. I might post some basic instructions later this week.

Tizwozliz Mon 29-Nov-10 20:48:50

I meant of course, in a similar way to the monkey

1sockmonkey Mon 29-Nov-10 20:57:46

Tiz - Please post the instructions. I would love to make a giraffe.

Well my DS1 who is 3 has taken Monkey to bed with him (Im hoping an arm doesnt drop off during the night)

My sis now wants one as well as her mate. Think Im going to need more socks (and buttons as had to nick them off one of DH shirts ssshhh dont tell him)

Tizwozliz Mon 29-Nov-10 21:02:05

Mine are going to be a present for my niece, and like you, i'm a bit concerned about the strength of my sewing!

I've not decided how I'll do the eyes yet, I'm not sure I want to go down the button route as niece has a tendency to chew on things.

soccerwidow Wed 01-Dec-10 12:55:22

I have just made my first sock monkey too - and he is so ugly I would love hime to disappear in the night but the two DSs keep fighting over him. (3 yrs &18 mths) So at least I know my sewing is strong enough grin

Seriously though, I am going to make them one each each for Christmas then this one will be going out the door!

tillyfernackerpants Wed 01-Dec-10 14:15:24

I love those, I'm so going to make some!! Just need to find some socks smile

Tizwozliz Sat 04-Dec-10 21:38:14

I've not yet done the giraffe instructions - need to make another one so I can take photos as I go along.

I have written a Sock Elephant Tutorial however.

Tizwozliz Sun 19-Dec-10 10:32:23

Finally got round to making another sock giraffe. I think they're definitely my favourite sock animal so far. I've written a little tutorial if you want to try and make your own.

Would love to see the results if you do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now