Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got pattern/idea how to make a suit carrier?

(9 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 28-Nov-10 19:47:36

Ideally without a zip

I though to buy some cheap lining material, cut 3 sides, sew them together in a line, hem the outside edges The sew together into shape......but I don't know how to "finish" the hole at the top

Do you think it might work?

dracschick Sun 28-Nov-10 19:50:13

cant you just make like a rubbish sack shape with a hole for the hanger at the top and press studs at the bottom?

KatyMac Sun 28-Nov-10 19:52:46

Oh maybe.....mind you DD would never fasten it so the clothes would fall out

I thought sort of pillow case like (hence the 3 sides

KatyMac Sun 28-Nov-10 20:04:29

& maybe appliqué her name on it

In mad colours

InkyStamp Sun 28-Nov-10 20:11:58

I would do one full side and then two 2/3 sides that overlap, like an envelope iygwim? The garment can then be slipped in by holding these apart (no zip needed as they overlap)

Then the top hole for the hanger - finish this like a sweat shirt collar - just hem it?

Dont forget to add a loop of material on the bottom edge. The loop can then be hooked over the hanger ( the garment folds in half without creasing - and it is easier to carry.)

KatyMac Sun 28-Nov-10 20:14:17

Oh good idea, & appliqué the back then

Umm hem a little circle, can I?

InkyStamp Sun 28-Nov-10 20:29:42

No. Hen the hole on each bit first. Full side will have 1/2 circle or a 'scoop'. The other bits will have 2/3 scoop. Turn right sides together and join. The scoops will form a circle.

InkyStamp Sun 28-Nov-10 20:30:17

*Hem

KatyMac Sun 28-Nov-10 20:31:05

OK, I'll have a go - thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: