Talk

Advanced search

Question for people with an Etsy shop

(6 Posts)
Sputnik Sun 28-Nov-10 16:49:10

I set up my Etsy shop this week and was lucky enough to sell something straight away, to someone in the US. Looking at my views they seem to increase mostly during US peak hours.

So I was wondering what the proportion of US to European users and buyers is on Etsy, do you mainly sell to US customers? Are there UK or European sites I could be targeting too? I've looked at Folksy but it seems smaller compared to Etsy, is it worth it?

TIA!

Seabright Thu 02-Dec-10 19:18:29

Am bumping as I'm interested in the replies too.

jenniepanda Thu 02-Dec-10 22:27:51

I'm using Folksy becuase I like the fact that its smaller and I don't want the hassle of posting overseas.

Kelziz Thu 02-Dec-10 23:36:56

I'm on Folksy, I've been on about a month and have 3 sales without doing much pushing. It's worth doing as the listing prices are cheap and a list lasts for months, and their cut on a sale isn't too bad so you don't really lose anything whether your shop takes off or not.
Funnily enough I've been thinking about giving Etsy a go aswell.

Sputnik Fri 03-Dec-10 09:57:08

I just looked again at Folksy, and see that I can't list on there as they don't accept non-UK sellers, I am in Italy. Pah.

LittleNicci Sun 05-Dec-10 18:24:33

Most of my buyers on Etsy are from the US with a few European ones occasionally. My UK buyers usually buy from me direct or from my eBay shop. I've tried Folksy and DaWanda, but don't seem to get many views on there at all.

Congrats on your fist sale Sputnik! You did well to get one in your first week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now