Talk

Advanced search

Any Wool Shops in/around Birmingham?

(10 Posts)
size6feet Sun 14-Nov-10 05:08:00

Does anyone know where I can go and look at wools, knit/crochet patterns and made up samples? Are there any good little shops hiding anywhere.

jendifa Mon 15-Nov-10 09:53:10

There is one in Halesowen. I used to get wool from HOF or John Lewis in Solihull.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 15-Nov-10 09:57:08

There used to be a good one on Bearwood High Street called The Wool Shop (ingenious yes ?). I haven't been for a while though so I am not 100% certain whether its still there

jendifa Mon 15-Nov-10 11:46:21

It lived in Bearwood until 2009 and I don't remember it being there then, so don't think its about anymore unless its been open since then IYSWIM

pearlgirl Mon 15-Nov-10 11:52:37

I saw a lovely looking wool shop when I was at the Custard Factory in Digbeth. I would have gone in but had to get to the station. fab bead shop there as well.

watercress Mon 15-Nov-10 11:58:54

There used to be a good wool selection at a shop in Kings Heath (near Rainbow chinese restaurant) - I think it's still there.

You could always try pharmacies - some stock wool, bizarrely enough.

size6feet Mon 15-Nov-10 22:35:36

Thanks for those suggestions.

jendifa, could you tell me whereabouts in Halesowen the shop is please. (dont know that area very well).

I'll have a look in the Custard factory tomorrow when I'm in town - didnt know they had one there so thanks for that pearlgirl.
and I can head to Bearwood from there too.

I have looked in Kings Heath High St but no shop to be found- only founnd a little sewing supplies in the In-Shops nearby.

I'm not a great knitter/crocheter but looking for some inspiration and like to see things in the flesh.

jendifa Mon 15-Nov-10 23:07:27

It's on the main high street. Follow signs for H'owen town centre and you pass a cemetry on the right as you go up a hill. It's on the left there.

Quiltingmoomin Tue 16-Nov-10 11:13:31

The SUe Ryder shop near us has started stocking yarn - it may be a national thing so perhaps try your local branch?

size6feet Wed 17-Nov-10 02:07:32

Didnt manage to get anywhere today but making up a list of places to go for a look so thank you to jendifa and Quilting for your input.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: