Talk

Advanced search

I am making Christmas Stockings. They are rather narrow. Do you think that will be a problem?

(6 Posts)
overmydeadbody Sat 13-Nov-10 21:19:55

I'm rather embarrassed to admit it, but I have never had a Christmas Stocking or seen them close up, but DS wanted one and I wnbarked on a project to make one for each of us.

I have just sewn the front and back together, and turned them the right side out, and they seem a bit narrow for some of the "stocking fillers" people seem to give.

Does it really matter?

Will it be a good tihng? Less space to fill with unnecessary presents?

Has anyone else made stockings and does anyone have any good tips?

I just made my own pattern, like I do with most things I make...

chaosisawayoflife Sat 13-Nov-10 21:44:40

Stockings seem to have got bigger and bigger over the years. And obviously so have the presents that go in them. We used to just have a big, thick walking type sock which was stuffed with some chocs, a satsuma and a couple of little pressies to open, but only tiny things like a box of crayons or a couple of hair clips. All of our other pressies were under the tree. I don't think they need to be huge, and the bigger they are the more you have to find to put in them, and imho most 'stocking filler' presents are just tat and space fillers.

overmydeadbody Sat 13-Nov-10 22:11:30

Excellent!

Ao I am happy to keep mine the size they are. that way we will not have to buy unnecessary crap to fill them.

It is exciting, hainvg stockings!

musttryharder Mon 15-Nov-10 17:28:19

google tilda sew pretty homestyle, it's a scandinavian type christmas craft book, the stockings in that are very skinny.... anyone questions yours point them in that direction wink

overmydeadbody Mon 15-Nov-10 21:32:15

ooh thank you musttry

I do love a bit of scandanavian home crafting grin

LatteLady Tue 16-Nov-10 15:32:15

Tilda is lovely and very stylish!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now