Talk

Advanced search

I'm looking for a very kind talented mumsnetter to help me...

(31 Posts)
Marne Tue 09-Nov-10 20:38:19

Dd2 wants a Moshi Monster for x-mas, i have searched hi and low and found out that the moshi monster toy's/tedys are due to be released in 2011 sad. I can't explain to dd2 that she cant have one until 2011 as she has Autism and very poor understanding, she doesn't want anything else for x-mas, when ever i ask her she answers 'moshi monster'. I would love to make her dreem come true and get her a moshi monster.

these are the toys due out in 2011, i think they are made of felt but any kind of moshi monster (wool, felt, cotton) would do.

Is there anyone out there who could possibly make a moshi monster? I am happy to pay, and it would make my dd2 the happiest child on x-mas morning.

TmiEdward Tue 09-Nov-10 20:42:05

Don't think I have the skills to manage a Moshi Monster, but I do a mean Sock Monkey!
Any good to you?!

Marne Tue 09-Nov-10 20:44:58

Lol, sorry, i think it has to be a moshi grin. I'm tempted to try myself but it will end up costing me a fortune (will have to have many practice runs to get it right).

HuckingFell Tue 09-Nov-10 20:50:27

Marne - let me do some Moshi research. Which one does she like?

Mumcentreplus Tue 09-Nov-10 20:51:54

I might have a try...I will get back to you..its more the time to get all the things I need don't want to commit and then i let you down sad

Pottering Tue 09-Nov-10 20:54:45

Could you possibly make one of these and then personalise it to moshi it up a bit?

Marne Tue 09-Nov-10 20:54:54

I think the main ones are Kastuma,Luvli,Poppet,Furi,Zommer and Diavlo.

I think her favorites are Kastuma and Poppet, Furi might be a bit tricky as he is fluffy grin.

Any mooshi would make her happy (she can name all of them).

I would be so greatfull (so would dd2).

Ilythia Tue 09-Nov-10 20:57:01

I don't have time to shop but I do have a small stash of felt, what colour is her monster?

Marne Tue 09-Nov-10 20:57:53

Pottering, that looks great, i might have to get one for dd1 as she would love to create her own monster, i'm not sure if i am artistic enough to adapt it into a mooshi.

Thank you Mumcentre, that would be great if you could.xx

Ilythia Tue 09-Nov-10 20:58:41

x-post. hmmm

<<runs off to google>>

Pottering Tue 09-Nov-10 21:01:09

It's very good value too isn't it? After I posted it here I had another look and thought I might get my DD one too.

I resent the £4.95 for delivery though, would have to order some other chemist essentials I'm in need of along it with it to make it worth it.

Ilythia Tue 09-Nov-10 21:02:17

Gosh, they would be tricky. I'll pop over to the mn group on ravelry, see if any of them are sewers too.

Marne Tue 09-Nov-10 21:08:24

Pottering- they are out of stock sad but it does say they get new stock every 7 days so will keep an eye on it.

Thanks Ilythia, they do look tricky, i have a sewing machine but have only ever attempted cushion covers smile.

I found this which maybe usefull.

LacksDaisies Tue 09-Nov-10 21:28:54

If you have a look on folksy, there are lots of monsters on there...perhaps one of the sellers there would make you one similar to the moshi monsters if you asked.

I could probably have a go at a knitted one, but I'm stacked from now until mid December...and as Mumcentre says, I wouldn't like to commit and then let you down.

Are they for sale overseas?

NeverArgueWithAnIdiot Tue 09-Nov-10 21:38:32

Have a look at the Alchemy feature on Etsy. You can put any handmade item out to tender and negotiate a price. I have found it brilliant in the past.

NeverArgueWithAnIdiot Tue 09-Nov-10 21:39:37

Oh, and the prices are all in dollars so I always get a nice surprise when I get my statement. grin

Jellykat Tue 09-Nov-10 21:41:54

I make scotty dog brooches, flower corsages, and hearts with wings which i sell in 4 shops, all padded/stuffed and made from felt..

Don't know anything about moshi monsters as my kids DSs are big!

How many monsters are there?..
and big problem is, the classic felt i use has a high wool content,and cannot be washed.Presume thats' a slight problem?

Will google them now, but from your link thats' not tricky, to be honest!..

HuckingFell Tue 09-Nov-10 21:50:25

I would think fleece would be more robust. Felt is lovely but i think would be loved into disintegration.grin

Marne Tue 09-Nov-10 21:54:03

Thanks Jellykat, there are 100's of monsters grin, i would ideally like 2, possibly the pink one (poppet) and Katsuma (orange one). I'm happy with felt unless its possible to use something else, both dd's are quite good at keeping their toys clean.

Marne Tue 09-Nov-10 21:55:13

Oh, (cross posts), fleece would be a good idea (would also make them more snuggly).

Jellykat Tue 09-Nov-10 22:30:07

Sorry for delay in getting back. That was a new world for me!! That Katsuma looks very very naughty!!

Fleece would be better, but the colours are quite limiting.i.e 2 shades of orange?

Marne, if you want me to do it, i can after the 28th Nov as i have a craft fayre then..I will attempt to PM my email add..but haven't done it ever,and my skills lie in sewing so could be interesting smile

Marne Wed 10-Nov-10 08:02:25

Thank you Jellycat, that would be great, i have CAT but if is easier to e-mail me my Address is lisa47strange @ btinternet.com (just take out the spaces), if Katsuma is too tricky the black and red one (cant remember his name), the one on my link would be fine, TBH she would be happy with any.

Thank you soooo much, dd2 will be made up.

Colourworld Wed 10-Nov-10 09:39:00

May be she finds these interesting too:
www.boystoys.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=29 32

www.firebox.com/product/2814/Moshi-Bandz?accessori es=1&aff=512&awc=550_1289381068_3235c03a5dd7ee1a00 b807f5c40cacab

There is a Moshi Monster www.alittlestranger.com/wordpress/tag/plush /
You could probably find a big poster image, print it and then make a stencil for the body (back and front would be the same). Then make stencils for eyes and the rest on the picture. Sew the bits to the face and then sew the body leaving a hole to stuff something in. They do not look too complicated. I think the bigger the monster the easier it would be to make it.

rockinhippy Wed 10-Nov-10 12:40:17

Hi Marne,

I won't jump in on Jellycats offer to help, but if for any reason that falls through, I could do these pretty easily & would be happy to make one for your DD. I can e-mail you a photo of fleece cushions I've recently made that are made in a similar way to the felt ones on the link, to give you an idea of my skill level & I agree fleece would be far better than felt for all sorts of reasons

if your DD has her own Moshi Monster, 1 she has designed herself on the website (as my DD has) then can I suggest making her one like that ??, you should be able to drag & drop the image off the Moshi site & then add it to an e-mail

Marne Wed 10-Nov-10 17:57:43

Thanks rock, thats so kind of you, i will let you know how we get on.xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now