Talk

Advanced search

Help making Christmas garland?

(7 Posts)
Pootles2010 Tue 09-Nov-10 16:51:38

Please help! Never really done anything crafty before, but saw beautiful garland for a mantelpiece at craft fair, couldn't afford it so decided to make one! How on earth do you make the base for it? It was really sturdy! I guess some sort of wire, with moss wrapped round? They'd put little bundles of cinnamon sticks with ribbon round, dried oranges, chillies, allsorts, looked really lovely!

Thanks!

Sarsaparilllla Tue 09-Nov-10 16:54:42

You could use a block of oasis, like you use for flower arrnaging, and stick everythign into it?

You can buy it in hobby craft

Pootles2010 Tue 09-Nov-10 17:08:39

Oh ok! Sounds daft but do you put water into the oasis? Have vague idea you do this to keep flowers/greeenery alive longer, but may well have made that up...

Sarsaparilllla Thu 11-Nov-10 11:24:41

You can put water in it if you're using fresh flowers/greenery but I'm sure you can use it dry as well

MumsieNonna Thu 11-Nov-10 13:18:40

wreath

It is quite easy and looks lovely. You could add lemons, oranges and apples. It will smell nice too.

MumsieNonna Thu 11-Nov-10 13:23:59

Oops, I am sorry I posted the wrong link.

Try this one...garland

Pootles2010 Thu 11-Nov-10 16:16:11

Thanks! Mumsie i found that site after posting... Its Kirstie's fault i'm fancying making one. Am such a sheep blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: