Talk

Advanced search

What are you working on today?

(21 Posts)
MrsThisIsTheCadillacOfNailguns Mon 08-Nov-10 16:22:14

What are all you crafty sorts working on at the minute?
I haven't been to work today as the weather is too bad,so have made a doorstop.I half filled it with sand and half with lavender,and will use it to prop the kitchen door open.

I had planned to make chutney,but forgot that we had no onions.

rockinhippy Mon 08-Nov-10 16:57:38

Fancy curtains & curtain swag for my parents new place, got a bit side tracked & not got much done though blush

Flutterbye Mon 08-Nov-10 19:37:14

A personalised christmas stocking for a friends child, drawn a pattern for it, making it with some remnant fabric, she wanted navy and dark red so i'm using a bit of denim too. Patchwork style, with embroidery, bells, the lot, I'm hoping. Fingers crossed.

TheFarSide Mon 08-Nov-10 19:46:02

Just bought myself "100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet" - thinking of knitting a poppy for remembrance day.

KurriKurri Mon 08-Nov-10 19:47:27

I'm putting the finishing touches to a cardigan I've knitted for my Dad's 90th birthday in a couple of weeks time. Just sewing on the button band tonight and it's done.

MrsThisIsTheCadillacOfNailguns Mon 08-Nov-10 21:34:00

Wow I'm very impressed.I'm very jealous of those of you who can knit.I have tried for years and can't do it.I even went on a day course to learn how to knit a flower,but was the only one who failed to manage it.I'd love to see your poppy TheFarSide.

I like the sound of your stocking flutterbye,can you post a picture once it is done? rockinhippy,wags and tails aren't easy,you must be a very good seamstress.Kurrikurri,I'm envious of your knitting skills- I could no sooner knit a garment than fly to the moon.

I finished the door stop,and have made a bracelet in fire polished beads,which I'm very pleased with.It is a mystery that I can follow a beading pattern,but not a knitting pattern.

Oh well,more rain forecast for the rest of the week,so more time for new projects.smile

iloveblue Mon 08-Nov-10 21:53:40

I've been making a pair of tutu leggings these for my 5 yr old niece for Christmas

rockinhippy Mon 08-Nov-10 22:18:11

Thanks MrsThisistheCadillacofnailguns but I'm cheating a bit, as it has been my profession of sorts for yonks, so in the light of that I'd have to be a bit rubbish NOT to be able to handle the curtains & swag etc

& with you on the knitting jealousy, I learned how to sew from my Grandmother, who was a knitwear designer, my Mother was also brilliant with yarn, neither either needed a pattern, so I had 2 of the best teachers & STILL never managed to pick it up blush

TheFarSide Mon 08-Nov-10 22:26:38

MrsCadillac, I would love to see my poppy too, but I haven't got any red wool and I ended up watching TV instead.

LatteLady Tue 09-Nov-10 14:16:54

OK on the train home I will be finishing off pair 34 of a selection of Italian baby booties. When I get home, I have to put the finishing touches to my bunting, make a ribbon cushion and practice button holes.

Guess who is doing their first craft fair on Saturday?

kellestar Tue 09-Nov-10 14:27:40

Crocheting the circles scarf from Novembers Inside Crochet.

4plus1 Fri 12-Nov-10 15:31:42

I looked everywhere for some nice hats for dd that didnt have a huge bobble on top but couldnt find any. Im not a knitter so I was able to buy a few plain coloured ones and have made some felt/ organza flowers to go on them. They've turned out lovely think I will do some for neice too

Flutterbye Fri 12-Nov-10 17:51:50

I've uploaded my Christmas Stocking that i've made this week on my profile. I've also made a felt corsage for her mum and another one to be made. Have a good making weekend everyone, mine will probably be on hold until Monday now.

MrsThisIsTheCadillacOfNailguns Fri 12-Nov-10 18:05:11

Flutterbye that stocking is beautiful.You must be so pleased with it.I love the corsage too-I was wondering if there was a use for french knitting too.I might steal your idea.

Mirrorball Fri 12-Nov-10 18:08:22

Hopefully making some christmas cards with the kids.... however that will involve going to hobbycraft tomorrow, which I do not relish.

Well done everyone!

CheerfulYank Fri 12-Nov-10 18:15:32

Oooh, that's a great blog iloveblue! Looks like lots of fun things to do.

MrsThisIsTheCadillacOfNailguns Fri 12-Nov-10 22:59:18

Hurray,I have jut finished a netted beaded necklace in bronze and gold.I might attempt a bracelet to match if I can adapt the pattern.

Silver1 Sat 13-Nov-10 13:09:43

We have melted crayon pieces into moulds today-they are lots of fun.
I have started the one skein scarf from Stitch and ---- for the happy hooker.

TeeBee Sat 13-Nov-10 22:49:03

Making candles in jars. House smells heavenly.

FairyFay Sun 14-Nov-10 09:46:17

I'm making Willow and Ivy wreath-bases ready to decorate in a couple of weeks time to sell at the school Xmas Fair

Quiltingmoomin Sun 14-Nov-10 12:32:32

I'm making an appliqué Christmas cushion cover out of red and black felt. Am with ds2 in hospital as he has broncilitus - sewing is keeping me sane.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: