Talk

Advanced search

groovy rag doll pattern

(11 Posts)
knickerelasticjones Mon 01-Nov-10 14:35:13

Hello,

I'm thinking of making a couple of rag dolls for my DDs for Christmas - can anybody recommend a good patterns. I've seen a few after searching online but mostly they seem very traditional or for collectors only, but I'm after something a bit funkier - perhaps quite modern looking.

this type of thing

(NB - clearly I"d love to make the dolls in the above pattern, but as far as I can tell it is made by an australian company - any by the time it took to post the pattern here, I wouldn't have time to make it, as I'm a bit slow)

thanks!

soccerwidow Mon 01-Nov-10 17:13:54

this one any good?

soccerwidow Mon 01-Nov-10 18:38:23

or this one

iloveblue Mon 01-Nov-10 20:55:38

Have a look at this ladies blog - some lovely ideas. You can purchase patterns to download and she also has a book that is available on Amazon.

sparklyrainbow Mon 01-Nov-10 21:23:21

yy, get the book iloveblue mentioned, there're some lovely patterns in there, one a bit like the first link you posted

dizzyday07 Tue 02-Nov-10 01:31:05

I've made a couple of these dolls.

You can customise the basic pattern

dizzyday07 Tue 02-Nov-10 01:33:42

Or if you have Paypal you can download the Holiday copy of Fat Quarterly as ImAGingerMonkey has the pattern for her doll in there

knickerelasticjones Wed 03-Nov-10 18:39:41

thank you so much for all those ideas - now I just have to choose which ones to make!

I really appreciate the help.

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 03-Nov-10 21:28:19

clothkits dolls are nice look here

lucykate Fri 05-Nov-10 18:31:20

you could buy a kit, here

i designed them grin

emptyshell Mon 08-Nov-10 08:50:47

If you're wanting something funkier - have you considered a sock monkey instead?

www.web-goddess.org/writing/tutorial/Image0.html is the tutorial I follow - with cheap zany socks from Tesco/Primark etc (stripes look fantastic) and you can get really into making them hats and scarves and clothes (I saw a fantastic Jack Sparrow Monkey once). Dead dead easy to make if you're at all confident with a sewing machine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now