Talk

Advanced search

No accommodation for Uni block release on degree apprenticeship

(4 Posts)
bowlerhattie Tue 10-Jul-18 21:05:38

Been to a university open day today, and been told that block release students cannot stay on site in halls, and have to make their own arrangements in the nearest city 15 miles away and commute in. Seems a bit odd, as they're pushing degree apprenticeships - anyone heard of this before?

Eve Tue 10-Jul-18 21:11:50

Sounds reasonable, surely they are only at uni a couple of days and working the rest of the time?

bowlerhattie Tue 10-Jul-18 21:14:17

No, on this particular course they work for six weeks and then go to uni for a week. The Uni run lots of similar courses, so I was surprised that they don't have flats set aside for this area.

Wiifitmama Tue 10-Jul-18 21:17:42

What degree apprenticeship is this? Sounds bizarre. My son is applying to quite a few of them and I have not seen this arrangement at all. They are all either work 3 days a week and Uni 2 days or work 4 days and uni 1 day. As they are being paid a salary and are not only there term times, they all rent somewhere - not stay in Uni accommodation. The only one I have seen that is different, is the Dyson one which has their own campus with "pods" as accommodation for the first year as both Uni and work is on site.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: