Talk

Advanced search

Aftermath of CVS test

(6 Posts)
joeyw Fri 25-Sep-09 09:32:28

Had CVS test last tues. Thankfully, results came back normal.
Had some 'spotting' following the test but all seemed to by dying down on that front.
Then...sorry...tmi...following sex, i now have more of it, and we are over a week since the procedure. Sorry, again, tmi, but its more brown in colour than red, which I think means not so much to worry about. Have no pain or anything to go with it, so guess it will sort itself out in time
Has anyone else had similar experience after CVS?

echops Fri 25-Sep-09 10:36:21

Hello - I didn't have any bleeding following my CVS but the hospital had warned me that it may happen. Was your CVS through the tummy or vagina (apparently vagina CVS is more likely to result in bleeding). I was also told that 'bad' bleeding was usually accompanied by period pains. Have you called your midwife for advice?

joeyw Fri 25-Sep-09 11:17:23

it was through vagina...have not called midwife as yet, but as i have not been having any cramping have not been that worried. just thought it would have stopped by now, didn't think it would go on this long.

shangrila Fri 25-Sep-09 12:04:41

I have had a grand total of 3 CVS's and happily never bled through any of them. But I was told that spotting afterwards is not necessarily a sign for alarm. And I've also been told that a stressed/eroded cervix is more likely to bleed after sex, too. (Never been brave enough to go for anything vaguely passionate for at least a couple of months after the procedure myself. But then I am an official grade A wuss!)

Could well be this is the remnants of old blood coming away with the increased fluid (sorry) from your recent encounter. But that's just my best guess. I'd ring the midwife for some peace of mind and reduce stress wherever you can.

And congratulations on your good results!

shangrila Mon 28-Sep-09 09:48:15

Any change Joey?

Mishta Mon 28-Sep-09 22:18:51

Hi Joey, wish I had seen this thread earlier so I could have offered some reassurance. Hopefully everything has settled down for you, but just in case anyone else finds themselves in the same boat, as consulting with doctor Google for days on end drove me nuts...
My first (transcervical) CVS went without a hitch, but with my last one a couple of months ago I had some spotting; first brown and light, next day red and like a period, then back to brown, the amount dying off over the next week or so - though it would increase slightly with anything that caused extra pressure (sneezing, BM - tmi, I know). Someone on the thread I go on told me to just think of it as the body getting rid of the old gunk, which made me feel better. I did in the meantime get a follow-up ultrasound, and had hired a Doppler to reassure myself. I also, like Shangrila, avoided sex for a couple of months - I'm sure not necessary, but you couldn't tell me that! All turned out fine, and am 22 weeks now. She's kicking me right now, must know I'm taking about her

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now