Talk

Advanced search

Can't believe its happened again.....referred to genetic councelling.

(7 Posts)
pelvicflawed Wed 24-Jun-09 14:25:47

Last year our pregnancy was diagnosed as having Trisomy 21 (downs) after much sould searching we decided not to carry on. We got pregnant again in March went through scans (our odss were much better this time at 1:44 compared to 1:2 last year) we had CVS and it came back postive for Downs again - we decided that for us (and I fully understand for others it might be a different outcome) not to carry on. Just come back from the hospital and feel in shock - has this happened to anyone else?. At the moment the doctors don't think there is a genetic link and that it is random however they are refering us to genetic councelling so we can be sure. Am 40 in September so don't know whether its worth trying again just can't believe its happended twice to us especially when the second time our odds were so much better. Just feel like I've got out of the pit of dispair from last time and don't know if I have the energy for it all again. Poor DH is in bits about it all as well. Anyway if anyone has experience of it happeing twice would be good to hear from you.e

Greensleeves Wed 24-Jun-09 14:26:40

I've no experience to offer but I am so sorry this has happened to you sad<<<hug>>>

HumphreyCobbler Wed 24-Jun-09 14:36:29

I am so sorry.
Try the support thread in this topic for those who chose to terminate. I know that there are some ladies on there who have been in your situation sad

HumphreyCobbler Wed 24-Jun-09 14:46:46

here it is

shangrila Wed 24-Jun-09 14:50:23

Hi pelvicflawed

So so sorry that you find yourself in this situation. I am dashing out but second what HumphreyCobbler says - our thread is a good, supportive place. I've been exactly where you are now, as have a surprising number of others.

Chat later. Take care of yourself.

pelvicflawed Wed 24-Jun-09 14:53:56

Thanks all will join you on the other thread.

busierbee Wed 24-Jun-09 18:25:06

Right. I am here. Is Busier Bee. It has happened to me darling. I think you know. Bloody bloody hell. I can talk to you about any aspect of it you wish my love. Is shocking and undeserved.
I have been to the geneticist too. My second termination was on April 1st. Talk away love, ask away.
We are here.
Tough tough times.
Thinking of you and remembering you from my first thread
xxxxxxxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now