Talk

Advanced search

Very low BPD at 20 week scan - should I worry?

(4 Posts)
MrsHappy Thu 04-Jun-09 14:32:57

I went for my 20 week scan today. All measurements were in a normal range except for those relating to the baby's head.

Her head circumferance is somewhere between the 50th and 3rd centile, so ok, I guess, but the BPD is below the 3rd centile off the bottom of the chart. The sonographer has booked me in for a repeat scan in 8 weeks so I guess he didn't think it was that bit a deal, but I am a bit worried.

Has anyone else had this? Is a scan in 8 weeks the best course of action?

flappybitsoskin Thu 04-Jun-09 15:01:01

try not to worry too much. BPD is less accurate as pg progresses (is more used in early scans for dating) And it can often come up smaller (lower centile) than the HC measurement

If there were major concerns you would not be left 8 weeks. You would be getting referred to fetal med consultant

put it out yr mind as much as you can. Hopefully you'll have peace of mind in 8 weeks

MrsHappy Thu 04-Jun-09 17:52:58

Thanks flappy. I have been telling myself that they would be referring me now if this looked serious, and the sonographer did say the extra scan was just to be on the safe side. But I really really wish I could go to a scan and just once have them say "everything looks fine and average". That would be brilliant.

NK5c9065dX1230eaffdff Wed 12-Aug-09 14:30:40

hi exactly the same happened to me last week.........BPD below 3rd percentile, all other measurements normal.....no one worried.
How did you get on? Any update?
can't contact you directly.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now