Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
1:5 risk for Down syndrome(4 Posts)
I’ve had combined test with NHS and looking for hope. I’m 38, NT was 3.7mm, BetaHCG 1.8 and PAPPA 0.32. I am not holding out much hope with things not ok in all three parts. I’m now 13 weeks pregnant and CVS couldn’t be done today as couldn’t get a safe route to the placenta with the needle. I’ve booked a private NIPT which is Thursday this week and also having a repeat attempt at CVS on Monday. The waiting is just horrendous, as anyone who is/has experienced this will know. I am just preparing myself and wondered if anyone with my kind of results have had the outcome they hoped for.
I'm so sorry this is exactly the same as me including having to wait for cvs. My thread is devasted 1:4 chance of down syndrome. Its not a good outcome for me but lots of posters on that thread had positive stories with worse results.
I really do appreciate you taking the time to message me disconnecteddrifter. I have just read your thread and it’s like reading about myself. I’m struggling to function in this limbo. The stories of hope are great to hold on to. My heart reaches out to you - I too will make the choice you have if the results come back positive for downs. It’s such a personal decision which I believe no one has the right to judge. Everyone has their own circumstances. I send you all my very best thoughts and wishes and that time brings some healing xxxx
Hi @Crispmonster2501, may I ask why you’ll go for ending the pregnancy if the CVS confirms Down’s syndrome? No judgement here, I completely understand it’s a personal choice, as you’ve said, but just want to understand the reasoning behind it in your case. Take care xxx
Please login first.