Talk

Advanced search

1:5 risk for Down syndrome

(4 Posts)
Crispmonster2501 Tue 15-Sep-20 19:17:06

I’ve had combined test with NHS and looking for hope. I’m 38, NT was 3.7mm, BetaHCG 1.8 and PAPPA 0.32. I am not holding out much hope with things not ok in all three parts. I’m now 13 weeks pregnant and CVS couldn’t be done today as couldn’t get a safe route to the placenta with the needle. I’ve booked a private NIPT which is Thursday this week and also having a repeat attempt at CVS on Monday. The waiting is just horrendous, as anyone who is/has experienced this will know. I am just preparing myself and wondered if anyone with my kind of results have had the outcome they hoped for.

OP’s posts: |
disconnecteddrifter Tue 15-Sep-20 20:20:20

I'm so sorry this is exactly the same as me including having to wait for cvs. My thread is devasted 1:4 chance of down syndrome. Its not a good outcome for me but lots of posters on that thread had positive stories with worse results.

Crispmonster2501 Tue 15-Sep-20 21:03:07

I really do appreciate you taking the time to message me disconnecteddrifter. I have just read your thread and it’s like reading about myself. I’m struggling to function in this limbo. The stories of hope are great to hold on to. My heart reaches out to you - I too will make the choice you have if the results come back positive for downs. It’s such a personal decision which I believe no one has the right to judge. Everyone has their own circumstances. I send you all my very best thoughts and wishes and that time brings some healing xxxx

OP’s posts: |
curliegirlie Wed 16-Sep-20 05:49:58

Hi @Crispmonster2501, may I ask why you’ll go for ending the pregnancy if the CVS confirms Down’s syndrome? No judgement here, I completely understand it’s a personal choice, as you’ve said, but just want to understand the reasoning behind it in your case. Take care xxx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in