Talk

Advanced search

Phone call appointment...?

(2 Posts)
LibbyAshleigh Thu 03-Sep-20 11:06:11

Hi
I got a letter through the other day from the hospital, telling me my appointment had been changed to a phone call and the date had been changed too.
I had no idea I had this appointment booked, no body told me or asked me about one or anything. I'm assuming it's nothing serious since it's been changed to a phone call, but I can't help but worry, I have bad anxiety when it comes to hospitals etc, I get white coat hypertension.
I'm thinking MAYBE it could be a follow up because I had preeclampsia with my last pregnancy, so maybe something to check and see if I have any symptoms. But I have no idea what it's about, it just says 'department of obstetrics' on the letter.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen in this time? During the pandemic, I mean.
Seems a bit rude and unprofessional to not tell a patient about an appointment they have...?

OP’s posts: |
Tinyade80 Thu 03-Sep-20 11:24:06

Perhaps your MW referred you to an obstetrician. Sounds like instead of your pregnancy being Midwife-led it is consultant-led due to your past history (Pre-eclampsia)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in