Talk

Advanced search

Testing for downs

(6 Posts)
Charlipoo123 Sat 16-May-20 09:20:58

Hi I’m new to this group but I was just wondering if anyone has had an amniocentesis?

I’m 20 years old and my results has come back as high risk at 1/120. This is my first pregnancy which was unplanned but I’ve finally come to terms with it and now I have this news which I can’t help but worry.

Has anyone had these kind of results before?

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
Momlea Sat 16-May-20 10:04:25

Hi there,
I just had a CVS yesterday at the hospital and waiting for the results, they have said expect to hear Tuesday possibly Wednesday. It was a bit uncomfortable but the worst part is waiting for the results. This is my 2nd pregnancy and it came back as a 1:33 chance. NT was fine but I came back with weird bloods. We are extremely anxious to find out .

Charlipoo123 Sat 16-May-20 10:15:28

The wait is the worst part I hope you get your results back ASAP. Mine is this Wednesday coming can't help but worry mine came back in my bloods too.

Milcd Sat 16-May-20 10:37:57

Hi, I had a combined screening which came back as a 1 in 10 chance of T21, my hcg levels were really high at 5.8 but NT was fine at 2.1mm (I am 40). I also had a harmony test which came back as 1 in 10,000 at 10 weeks but I couldn't stop worrying about it so needed to know one way or the other. My amniocentesis was on Tuesday, it didn't hurt any more than a blood test would, the sensation was a bit odd. I had my results back yesterday and they were all normal. They told me to expect results in 3 to 5 working days, I got mine three days after. I hope everything goes well for both of you.

Momlin Sat 16-May-20 10:39:26

It really is horrible having to wait! I can’t seem to switch off from it all and can’t sleep. Fingers crossed you get the answers on Wednesday

Charlipoo123 Sat 16-May-20 11:05:08

I know how you feel it's hard to take my mind off it

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in