Talk

Advanced search

How long for full amniocentesis report

(8 Posts)
mumtolots4 Sat 02-May-20 10:11:38

Hi
Im waiting on my full amniocentesis results. How long does it normally tske.
I got my amniocentesis done 2 weeks ago on Wednesday.
I got the initial report and all was good but just want to see the full results are ok.

If they have taken over 2 weeks would that mean there is a problem.
Really beginning to panic.

OP’s posts: |
Dcr22 Sat 02-May-20 11:22:47

I’m also waiting for the second part. They told me it would take roughly another week after the first set came back but I think that’s only working days so it might not include weekends?

I hope yours come back soon and it’s good news.

TheVanguardSix Sat 02-May-20 11:26:39

If I recall, back in 2011, it took me 2 weeks for the initial report. My initial report delivered bad news, so it all ended at that point. I don't even recall if we followed up with the full report. It's a few years ago.
It's great news that you're past the first hurdle. Good luck! It's such an anxiety-inducing time.

Iknitknickknacks Sat 02-May-20 15:48:31

My daughter's came back in 16 days - she also thought something was wrong because she felt they were delayed. (Clear.)

mumtolots4 Tue 05-May-20 13:07:52

Argh still waiting on full results. Tomorrow is 3 weeks dont know whether to call them or wait till tomorrow. Just going out of my mind with worry.

OP’s posts: |
NoCallerID Tue 05-May-20 14:26:58

I would just call them. When we were waiting for the initial results I called them and they chased up the lab and then called back. They sometimes have them ready but for one reason or another send them out in bulks which can take a long time.

Dcr22 Tue 05-May-20 15:25:02

That’s so frustrating! As PP said, I would just call them and see?

Hope you get good news.

stanley10 Sun 17-May-20 21:52:12

I don’t think there’s any link between time taken and results. I had a bad result (positive for 22q) and it came back within 12 days. If anything the midwife will phone you sooner with bad news,l.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in