Talk

Advanced search

Feeling crap after CVS

(10 Posts)
Chefwifelife Sat 22-Feb-20 17:25:58

I had a CVS done yesterday morning and have had a bit of cramping but nothing awful. I am however feeling awful. I feel even more nauseous than normal, fatigued, achey. I’ve not got a temp. Did anyone else feel like this after?

OP’s posts: |
SarahD19 Sat 22-Feb-20 17:51:50

Big hugs. I was very fluey and sore after my CVS as well. It improved after about 2-3 days in my case. If your temperature gets dangerously high, may be worth getting checked over to be on the safe side in case of infection. Wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Chefwifelife Sat 22-Feb-20 18:27:13

Thanks @SarahD19. I’ve read about cramps but nothing about feeling this rubbish. I’ll keep an eye on my temperature. X

NoCallerID Sat 22-Feb-20 19:44:21

I've had on on Thursday and I felt awful until this morning.... I think it's the physical combined with the mental state I'm in. Once the CVS was done I felt like there was nothing left to do, nothing left to organise and the waiting game began, I think this caused a down feeling for me that I wasn't expecting.

SarahD19 Sat 22-Feb-20 19:55:09

Feel for you both and sending positive thoughts your way. I remember the feeling all too well, I could barely sleep or function with worry and I agree that likely impacted on how I felt physically. I’ll be thinking of you and hoping for the best xx

Chefwifelife Sun 23-Feb-20 17:14:10

Hey @NoCallerID I know exactly how you feel. I’m feeling quite a bit better today. Did they give you any idea of when they may call?

@SarahD19 when the consultant was discussing CVS results he mentioned that sometimes there can be an abnormality in the placenta that doesn’t affect the baby, and he was quite impressed when I said “do you mean like mosaicism”. Credit to you there and your knowledge.

SarahD19 Sun 23-Feb-20 17:31:15

@Chefwifelife I am very glad to hear that your consultant is being thorough and exploring all avenues with you. It’s a very good sign.

@NoCallerID really hope you’re feeling a bit better today. The physical symptoms alongside the emotional toll of these tests is exhausting.

Thinking of you both xx

NoCallerID Sun 23-Feb-20 18:59:59

@Chefwifelife it's so hard isn't it... they will call me tomorrow with the initial results. When are you expecting yours?

@SarahD19 physically I'm pretty much ok, thank you, just a bit of a headache.

Chefwifelife Sun 23-Feb-20 19:47:26

@NoCallerID they said anytime from Monday but could be as late as Friday! Hope it la good news for both of us🤞🏻

sr39 Tue 10-Mar-20 19:58:29

Hi all, I just wonder if anyone could help me, I had the CVS test done and got my results from the hospital 3 days later, this was a week ago but I have just received a call from my doctors surgery to book me in for a phone consultation with my doctor to discuss the results as they have just received the letter from the hospital, is this normal? x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in