High Risk NTS but Low Risk NIPT

(4 Posts)
Treaclepie19 Sun 09-Feb-20 21:16:42

We had similar. Nuchal of 5.3. Nipt came back fine. Had an amnio and our baby had a really rare problem. We had a TFMR in december 2018.
Wishing you all the best flowers

jmm499 Fri 07-Feb-20 07:27:32

@worriedsickmumma I feel for you 😘 I have been through similar - although my raised NT was picked up at the scan they did for the NIPT as I was a bit further along than you when I had it (11+3). Our NT measured 4.7mm at the 12 week scan. NIPT subsequently came back low risk. Although the baby looked good on the scan apart from the raised NT, we decided to have an amnio (they couldn’t do a CVS due to the location of the placenta) at 16 weeks. All came back clear so chromosomes appear normal. We now have the 20 week anomaly scan in a couple of weeks when they’ll do a detailed heart scan too. The fluid has since resolved but once it’s seen they like to look in to things further. I was told with an NT of 4.7, there was a 50% chance of the baby being ‘normal’, 30% chance of a chromosomal problem and 20% chance of cardiac problem... At the anomaly scan at 16 weeks, everything looked good on the scan and the prof who did my amnio felt there was a very good chance it would come back clear as the NIPT had been low risk (as well as how things were presenting on the scan). So try to take some reassurance from your NIPT results until you’re able to speak to someone on Monday. There are lots of positive stories out there about raised NTs which have come to nothing, which have been a source of comfort to me these last few weeks. It is a very worrying time I know, even small % creates such anxiety when it’s about your baby. Hang in there, thinking of you ❤️❤️❤️

Sussexmidwife Thu 06-Feb-20 23:35:39

No knowing what is happening and what that might mean is incredibly hard. The weekend will feel very long. I don’t think that I am allowed to put website links here but if you want to message me I can point you to some useful info which might help a little bit

worriedsickmumma Thu 06-Feb-20 22:46:56

Hi ladies I am a mess right now and don't know what to think. I had my NIPT done at 10+3 and my results came back Low Risk however I had my Nuchal Translucency Ultrasound at 12+5 and my results have come back 4.5mm and High Risk.Papp-A 1.7 and nasal bone presence confirmed. I can't get in to see an OB until Monday so I have to wait all weekend and I don't know how I am going to possibly wait that long to know what might be wrong with my baby. Has this happened to anyone else?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in