Talk

Advanced search

High Nucal fold thickness

(5 Posts)
redshift1 Thu 21-Nov-19 20:50:11

We've just had our 20 week scan and was told that he has a higher than average Nuchal fold thickness of 7.3mm. Everything else looks normal and healthy and they examined his heart extensively and nothing looks out of the ordinary. We have done the NIPT test and just waiting on results but I am just so scared of what the outcome will be, the not knowing is torture. I've also not felt much movement yet, and felt no kicks at all. Could this be a link? Or am I just being extra paranoid? Has anybody else got any experience with this?

MajorFaffington Thu 21-Nov-19 21:28:34

Did you have a NT measurement taken at your 12 week scan?

redshift1 Thu 21-Nov-19 21:51:27

@MajorFaffington yes and that was fine and our results came back as 1 in 15067 chance of downs so this has definitely come as a bit of a shock

stormy11 Thu 21-Nov-19 22:09:17

You only need to start worrying about not feeling any kicks when you are 24 weeks pregnant. If you don't feel any by then call your midwife straight away.

I hope everything is ok.

MajorFaffington Fri 22-Nov-19 21:28:58

Yes, it must have been a real shock, I’m so sorry that you are going through this @redshift1.

I don’t have any specific experience of high NT at 20 weeks, but did have a NIPT after a high risk combined screening result at 12 weeks, so I do have an idea of how you might be feeling waiting for the result.

I hope that you get a positive outcome, and that in the meantime you get some helpful replies from people with experience.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »