Talk

Advanced search

Cvs

(10 Posts)
Mummylanie3 Thu 24-Oct-19 18:16:49

I'm due to have CVS testing next week not sure if through the abdomen or cervix has anyone had this done and can advise on what type of pain to expect please be honest I just want to be prepared I've had biopsy done before in cervix and cysts cut out of my back without been numbed so can cope with pain it's the not knowing what to expect so trying to gain some other people experience

Conorgog Fri 25-Oct-19 21:58:17

Hey!

Its normally done through your abdomen, they give you a few local anaesthetic injections to numb the area, then go in, TBH the stinging from the anaesthetic was worse. I have a retroverted uterus too, so was much more difficult for them, was all over in about 3 minutes - from start to finish, & was just left with a tiny bruise afterward.

Good luck!

SylvanianFrenemies Fri 25-Oct-19 22:00:04

I had it through the abdomen. It was uncomfortable, a bit painful, but manageable and quick. The area was tender feeling for a day or two.

Tini17 Sat 26-Oct-19 11:52:53

Mine was abdominal, no pain during procedure due to anaesthetic and mild, period-type pain cramping for a little while after and slightly tender for a day afterwards (but I was very conscious of it so perhaps focused on it more).
My hospital recommend that you don’t drive yourself home and take it easy for 48 hours afterwards.
Good luck x

Braf906 Sun 27-Oct-19 06:42:18

I had it done 2 days ago and it still feels a little bit tender where the needle went in, but only if I'm using my stomach muscle. I am trying to keep resting! I had it through the abdomen and felt a little sting from the anesthetic. It did feel uncomfortable and there was some cramping but it was over quick enough. The worst bit for me is waiting for the results now. Hope it goes well for you and good luck xxx

Mummylanie3 Wed 30-Oct-19 21:50:31

@braf906 how did your results go have you had them? Do you mind me asking what your odds were and nt measurement x

Braf906 Sat 02-Nov-19 15:18:34

Hi, @Mummylanie3. We got our first set of results this week and no Downs, Edward's or Patau's was detected. It was such a relief. Still waiting for the full chromasome analysis results for a few weeks yet but am feeling more positive. Our odds were 1 in 17 for Downs and 1 in 64 for the other 2 together. The NT measured 3.8 so because of this we still need heart scans at 18 weeks. Hope yours goes well too. Thinking of you xxx

Mummylanie3 Sat 02-Nov-19 15:29:57

@braf906 thankyou I'm in at 9am Monday morning I have a 1:25 for downs and 1:80 for the other 2 my nt was 4.1 next two weeks are going to be the longest ever did you find out what you was having xx

cattaxi Sat 02-Nov-19 15:34:20

Hi, I had one in April. They went through the abdomen. I was pleasantly surprised at how little it hurt. It was a bit uncomfortable & I had some mild period pains after. The procedure was over very quickly.
Good luck, I hope your results are good. My nt was 3.9. All the tests were clear. Ds arrived 3 weeks ago and is perfect.
Sorry you are going through this - it’s so worrying 💐

Braf906 Sat 02-Nov-19 16:43:29

@Mummylanie3 yes, we're having a boy! I couldn't not find out when they knew for sure! Fingers crossed Monday goes well for you. Lots of rest and cake will help! Let us know how you get on. Take care xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »