Talk

Advanced search

Cystic hygroma

(4 Posts)
loutyre Thu 20-Jun-19 20:02:33

10+3 weeks pregnant. Scan yesterday showed fluid on the back of babies neck. I need to hear any and all stories you ladies have please. I have been sent away with little information and google is not my friend

OP’s posts: |
loutyre Fri 21-Jun-19 16:20:39

Please

OP’s posts: |
Seahawk80 Fri 21-Jun-19 20:55:25

Hi, my sister has a cystic hygroma. I'll be honest I don't know the hugest amount about it as it's one of those things where I just grew up with it but she has a good life, lots of friends and is married with 3 children. She had a very severe case and wasn't diagnosed until birth, she had surgery when she was a few weeks old and had to have a tracheotomy afterwards. Feel free to DM me if you want to chat, I'd have to ask her but I'm sure I could put you in touch x

BlessedMamma Mon 24-Jun-19 21:29:30

I went through the same thing and was lucky enough to have a positive outcome. All I seemed to find were stories with sad outcomes so I hope this helps to reassure you a little bit. During my pregnancy I was told the baby had a lot of NT fluid which was terrifying. It measured 6.8! I opted to have an amino but ended up having a CVS because of the lack of amniotic fluid. The results came back clear and the same for the micro array. I also had a heart scan that came back fine. I now have a very healthy, happy 7 month old. She has a slightly chunky neck at the back but it's barely noticeable. We've had check up appointments with the paediatrician and cardiologist but they can't seem to find a reason her having such a large nuchal fold. Apparently there's a chance she may have a rare genetic disorder but for now there's no reason to carry out anymore tests. I hope it all works out for you.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in