Talk

Advanced search

Heartbeat and then no heartbeat 💗

(6 Posts)
BH24864 Wed 24-Apr-19 16:48:30

Hi,

I’m apparently 9 weeks according to the last menstrual date.

However, two weeks ago I went to a private scan as I couldn’t wait for the 12 weeks one. I would have been 7 weeks but when they scanned me I was 5+6days according to size. Which is fine and then detected a heartbeat.
Last week I experienced light bleeding so rang the out of hours doctor and due to the bank holiday weekend I had to wait until yesterday for a scan at the EPAU.
On the scan, they was silent. Then told me the couldn’t detect a heartbeat. I am devastated. They can see the baby and the scan and appears to all look normal just the lack of a heartbeat. The baby has grown since the last scan and I still feel all the pregnancy symptoms as I have always done since I found out I was pregnant.
I have to go back next week for a re test to confirm if I have had a missed miscarriage. They will again look for a heartbeat and a growth in size.
Has anyone experienced this before and gone back to see a heartbeat? Or am I just clutching at straws. The nurse gave me info on a miscarriage and what to do if my body doesn’t pass it naturally. I haven’t experienced anymore bleeding or cramps since the light bleed a week ago.
Should I go back for a private scan as well? Would their equipment be different from the NHS? I can’t believe my baby is dead already. We’ve been trying for two years and I can’t loose it. I am hoping I go back next week and they can hear the heartbeat.
Any advice or stories that can help? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Angelinthenightx Thu 25-Apr-19 11:22:07

Hi i diddnt Want to read & leave. Sorry your going through this,i think its bad that they have just let you until next week not knowing whats going on.i lost a baby at 20wks what is different but im still shocked at they are leaving you with not 100% not knowing. Private and nhs scans should be the same.i hope someone on here that has been through the same thing x

BH24864 Thu 25-Apr-19 11:38:30

Than you for your message. I know I am just left wondering what is going on. I feel all the same symptoms of pregnancy and have had no further bleed. They just couldn’t find a heartbeat. And since I heard the heartbeat a couple of weeks back it’s probably the worst news as they couldn’t hear it Tuesday. I am just hoping that because I am so early their equipment Might not have picked it up. I don’t know. I’m probably clutching at straws but I just don’t want to give up 😢😢. I am sorry to hear about your loss. I can’t even imagine how that would be at 20weeks. Xx

OP’s posts: |
HalfBloodPrincess Thu 25-Apr-19 11:45:49

I’m so sorry this is happening to you flowers

I had a similar experience last year. Scan at 8+4 showed a 6+6 week fetus with a heartbeat. Was told I’d got my dates wrong. Was booked in for a scan at 12 weeks but had a bleed at 11 which the follow up scan unfortunately showed no heartbeat and that baby hadn’t grown past 8 weeks.

I posted on here and I had both positive and negative responses so it really could be 50/50 what the outcome is. I hope for you it’s a good one.

My only advice is to try as much as you can to prepare yourself for the worst case scenario whilst hoping for the best. I think adopting this strategy helped me come to terms with what happened.

cliquewhyohwhy Thu 25-Apr-19 11:47:21

My very first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage I had many of the symptoms you had I am sorry to say. I had to go to the epu every week for three weeks to see if the sac had grown but unfortunately I ended up miscarrying. I've gone on to have three healthy pregnancies but I did bleed throughout each. I hope you get a healthy outcome. If you can't wait until your next scan try and book in for a private scan.

Chanel05 Sat 04-May-19 16:25:20

I'm sorry to read your message op. The same thing happened to me. I had a scan at 6 weeks, all good with heartbeat. Went back for private scan at 8+5 and midwives confirmed mmc at 8+1. I had no bleeding, cramps or any sign whatsoever that I'd lost the baby as I still had all symptoms of pregnancy. Unfortunately I still didn't miscarry and had to have an ERPC when I should have been 11+3.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in